Yet another power door lock problem!

old_blue

15 Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
I checked the switched and they all work, the actuators work... The only problem that I can find is when I check for power using a voltmeter the passenger pink and turquoise wire never seems to fire. All the other wires fire just fine... maybe it is cracked somewhere? Is there an inline fuse somewhere that I am missing? I also dont see a ground on the passenger side door like there is on the driver side door (right in the middle) is there suppose to be one??? thanks in advance...

p.s. oh i have checked wiring diagrams and far as I can tell the wires are unmolested so I am guessing one is broken in the door somewhere. any help would be appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

IIRC, the locks are reverse polarity - the pass side should have a ground wire, though i have not looked at it and dont know for sure.

you can also get at the harnesses at the top of the driver kick panel if you want - to try and find an open wire.

good luck.

A second ground could never screw anything up....so i would make a quick temporary ground for the pass side and see if it works. if yes then make it nice and permanent, but if no then just rip it out and keep trying other things.... I have a bunch of problems with my door locks and window switches. My pass side door lock switch does not work, but the driver side does?!?! Secondly my pass side window control does work, but i cant move the window up or down from the dirvers side control?!?!? Its soo messed up and i hate wiring so i havent even attempted to fix it yet? How did you start workin on yours? Any other tips you have for rectifying this little problem? thanks man, good luck

tbadair said:
Yeah that was what I was thinking it was , a broken wire. I will check that tonite

Did you ever get this figured out?

I have the exact problem... one side of the connector to the actuator fires, but the other does not. Same thing on both passenger and driver sides.

Alarm won't arm either....

Any update?

*update*

For those who are having similar problems to mine, I figured it out this weekend.

My Remote Keyless Entry Module was bad.

It's located behind the anti-theft controle module and braket, against the interior body panel.

Replaced it, and everything is working great now.

:)

Jason