You all with Weld's on 99+.....In Here.....

• Sponsors (?)

For daily usage go with 15x7's....for track get an extra set of 15x3.5's with the required spacers (wont fit right with out em) and put cheapo $22 Strauss Auto specials on em or if $$ is tight (like for all of us!!) go with ghetto skinnies.get a set of spare rims from junkyard for $15 each paint em silver and put cheapo tires on..I DID for a year and they worked same as Welds..just ghetto looking but hey ET slips dont say what skinnies you had on car... do they??

I Just got a new set of Welds this morning for my car. They fit very good in back, the fronts are a little tricky tho. Ill explain what we had to do for my car.
(A 2001 GT Convertible)

In Back:
I got 15x9" Drag Lites. They fit perfectly other then a little contact with the sharp edges of the calipers, but this was easily fixed by rounding off the corners of the calipers with a die grinder. Dont need to take much off, just round off the edges.

In Front:
More trouble, but not enough to make you not get them. First problem we had was that they obviously need to have a spacer to clear the calipers. You need a 1/2" spacer to totally clear the caliper, but if you do this, the stock wheel studs are too short by just a hair. If you get a drag lite XP they fit with just the spacer and no problem. But I didnt like the XPs as much as the standards so I wanted to take the difficult route. You really need to take off the rotors, drill out the holes and push in longer studs. This is what Im going to have to do eventually, right now Im just paying real close attention to how tight my lug nuts are and carrying around a torque wrench. OR there is one other possibility. If you run a slightly smaller spacer, you MAY be able to grind down the caliper a little bit and make them fit. I could have done this, but it looked like it was going to hit a little to much for me to grind off.

Dont let the little problems scare you away from welds. They look BAD on my car, especially with a 26x11.5x15 ET Street!

to put Welds up front on a '03 GT you need 7/16" spacers and 3" long wheel studs that have a .615 knurl. you need the 3"ers, front and rear. your hubs will need some slight modification to press the studs in.

if you dont get the long studs your not only gonna be illegal at the track, your gonna be un-safe driving down the road. do it safe, or dont do it at all.

-Mike

AutomaticWeapon said:
to put Welds up front on a '03 GT you need 7/16" spacers and 3" long wheel studs that have a .615 knurl. you need the 3"ers, front and rear. your hubs will need some slight modification to press the studs in.

if you dont get the long studs your not only gonna be illegal at the track, your gonna be un-safe driving down the road. do it safe, or dont do it at all.

-Mike
What he said.