01 V6 mustang raddle

crazymonke

Jun 26, 2006
01 V6 mustang rattle

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the site and i need some help, im sure this has come up before but i didn't have the time to search it, i did see something related for the 99-00 model well basically my stang is making this raddle noise everytime i step on the gas padle at first it wasn't that bad but now its getting more anoying i have tried using better octane and still no change, any help will be greatly appriciated.

• Sponsors (?)

crazymonke said:
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the site and i need some help, im sure this has come up before but i didn't have the time to search it, i did see something related for the 99-00 model well basically my stang is making this raddle noise everytime i step on the gas padle at first it wasn't that bad but now its getting more anoying i have tried using better octane and still no change, any help will be greatly appriciated.

It's most likely spark knock if coming from the engine. Higher octane is about the only thing you can do about it. I've been running 89 octane for a few months and have had a drastic reduction in the knock, but it still comes around every now and again. When you used better octane did you just run it for one tank and switch back or did you run it for a few tanks?