'01 vs '03 Cobra Gas Mileage???

admdavs

Feb 25, 2004
Chicago
I am about three to four months away from making my new purchase- still debating the '01 vs '03 Cobra- I know the beast that is the '03, but cost and other restrictions might regelate me to a low mile used '01- I have about an 80mile roundtrip drive to work and this would be my daily car- are there any real life numbers out there for what kind of gas mileage you are getting to the tank for an '01 and '03?????? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

admdavs said:
I am about three to four months away from making my new purchase- still debating the '01 vs '03 Cobra- I know the beast that is the '03, but cost and other restrictions might regelate me to a low mile used '01- I have about an 80mile roundtrip drive to work and this would be my daily car- are there any real life numbers out there for what kind of gas mileage you are getting to the tank for an '01 and '03?????? :shrug:

it also depends on where you live....I live in New York, my commute to work is not the same as yours....then again my daily commuter is a Taurus Waogn........Do you have all highway with stop and go? that has a bearing on gas consumption.

Between the 2? the 03 has bigger injectors and will use a little more gas....i believe they have 39 pound vs 24lb in an 01 cobra.

I have no idea what mileage I'm getting...I've never checked. I took it on faith that with this car, and my driving style, that keeping track was not going to be pretty. At $2.20 a gallon in San Diego, I just dont want to know.

Not trying to be a jerk, but if mileage has a deep effect on your finances, you may want to consider other options.

With my latest tune I'm averaging 16-17MPG in mixed driving. About 20 HWY and 15 CITY.

I did manage to squeeze 25MPG out of her once on a trip down to Florida. Just for S & G's I ran almost a full tank through her at 65MPH on the expressway. Man was that hard to do!

U.M.

I average about 15-16 MPG in my 01 vert around town on short trips. Hiway MPG goes up over 20. Best ever was when I drove cross country, 25.5 MPG and I was rollin' about 85-90 MPH across west TX.

The R's best hiway MPG is 22.5, again doing 80+ in the wide open west.

Ed

I got about 21 or so mostly hwy with some stop and go in my daily commute. I am a new driver so I would suspect it to go up as I get better wtih the car.

It was 20mpg the tank before that. This is a mixure though too, so all hwy I am not sure.

tschlientz said:
I have no idea what mileage I'm getting...I've never checked. I took it on faith that with this car, and my driving style, that keeping track was not going to be pretty. At $2.20 a gallon in San Diego, I just dont want to know.

Not trying to be a jerk, but if mileage has a deep effect on your finances, you may want to consider other options.
where did you buy your cobra if i may ask. i am looking at going back to mossy (where i got my GT) or perhaps going out to Drew because it was recommended to me by a friend.

1990StangLX said:
where did you buy your cobra if i may ask. i am looking at going back to mossy (where i got my GT) or perhaps going out to Drew because it was recommended to me by a friend.

I bought mine at Mossy. At the time the other SVT dealers in town were charging an extra $5K for the cobras and Mossy wasn't. They were actually pretty decent and have done an OK job of taking care of me warranty wise. I say OK as it took over a month, and I was given the car back 3 times as "fixed" when it wasn't. But in the end, my problems were solved. I hear other guys saying similar stuff about a lot of dealers. I think with about anyone, you have to be up on the current info available and persistent enough to just keep going back if something is not right. All in all, I would prob go there again.

I must have a heavy foot...average on the trip meter for a full to empty tank is 170 miles...which is 13 mpg...but i only drive it on the weekends and not a lot of highway....

....wonders is the o6 SVT will be a hybred engine? lol

tschlientz said:
I bought mine at Mossy. At the time the other SVT dealers in town were charging an extra $5K for the cobras and Mossy wasn't. They were actually pretty decent and have done an OK job of taking care of me warranty wise. I say OK as it took over a month, and I was given the car back 3 times as "fixed" when it wasn't. But in the end, my problems were solved. I hear other guys saying similar stuff about a lot of dealers. I think with about anyone, you have to be up on the current info available and persistent enough to just keep going back if something is not right. All in all, I would prob go there again.
thank you very much for the information. i'll be going to mossy this week to look at their cobras and hopefully i will be able to get one. i figure they know me and my car already so it may help out in working for a good deal for me :)