01gt different engines?

• Sponsors (?)

the only difference in the blocks is that the first half (may or june) of 01' motors they are windsor blocks, after that they are romeo blocks and the water pump pulley is different between the two and other little cosmetic differences. Other than that same 4.6L 2V 260hp motor.

the only difference in the blocks is that the first half (may or june) of 01' motors they are windsor blocks, after that they are romeo blocks and the water pump pulley is different between the two and other little cosmetic differences. Other than that same 4.6L 2V 260hp motor.

+1.And the same goes for tranny's,early 01's t45,mid-later tr3650.Wasnt sure why your asking so I thought that I would add the info.

I had went to autozone becuase i had to get the computer read (service engine soon light from a different post) and the guy there was asking me what engine i had and i told him i didnt know becuase i thought they all had the same engine and he said no, that some were one kind and some were another.

I dont remember exactly what he said, but it was something about numbers, where some were 1 and some were 2??

He was pointing to the long black covers on the engine (see attachment)?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 102
I had went to autozone becuase i had to get the computer read (service engine soon light from a different post) and the guy there was asking me what engine i had and i told him i didnt know becuase i thought they all had the same engine and he said no, that some were one kind and some were another.

I dont remember exactly what he said, but it was something about numbers, where some were 1 and some were 2??

He was pointing to the long black covers on the engine (see attachment)?

He prob meant if it had a single cam or dual cam.The diff between a GT or Cobra.And Autozone techs also dont always know as much as they make out,try another store.I went to buy a coil pack for wifes Taurus and the guy at Autozone argued with me that the one I brought in was not bad,So I whatever went to another store cuz he said he wasnt goin to sell me one(THE MANAGER).Put a new one on a not a prob since.

He prob meant if it had a single cam or dual cam.The diff between a GT or Cobra.And Autozone techs also dont always know as much as they make out,try another store.I went to buy a coil pack for wifes Taurus and the guy at Autozone argued with me that the one I brought in was not bad,So I whatever went to another store cuz he said he wasnt goin to sell me one(THE MANAGER).Put a new one on a not a prob since.

+1, everytime i go to autozone the only difference they ask about is if its DOHC or SOHC, or Cobra or GT sometimes.......id think the autozone guy would be able to tell it wasnt DOHC by the size of the heads, or maybe im just used to em? :shrug: they usually never ask if its a windsor or a romeo, for those differences in certain parts they refer to your serial number or manufactured date on the side of the door.