Roush 02 S281SC Mods- What do you all think?

I bet it does! that is one serious jump in HP... I wonder how long will the motor last at that power level though... but I am sure you have been saving for a rebuild anyway...

So I am guessing that you went from a Series 1 SC completely stock to the KB right?

• Sponsors (?)

I had all the stuff that you ordered except the HE and only made 350whp... Its fun for a while but your going to want more down the road but you cant cause its maxed out...
If your going to stay with the Eaton then I would definately get some sort of intake cause you want to make sure your getting plenty of air or the temps will just keep going up.. Also if your block is not built i wouldnt recommend doing all of that... I blew 2 motors with that stuff cause the Eaton just puts to much stress on the motor...
Thats just my 2cents GL with everything though :nice:

129saleen:
What kind of power are you making with the 1.7 at 14psi? Is that 14psi on pump gas? My car is in the shop now waiting for the mods in my sig.I am stuck between putting the 1.7 back on or buy a new 2.6 since I can't find a 2.2.

To the original poster:
You won't be dissapointed by selling the series II for $2000-2500 and getting a KB used for $3500-4000.You will not believe the difference the car feels.:nice:

129saleen said:
I had all the stuff that you ordered except the HE and only made 350whp... Its fun for a while but your going to want more down the road but you cant cause its maxed out...
If your going to stay with the Eaton then I would definately get some sort of intake cause you want to make sure your getting plenty of air or the temps will just keep going up.. Also if your block is not built i wouldnt recommend doing all of that... I blew 2 motors with that stuff cause the Eaton just puts to much stress on the motor...
Thats just my 2cents GL with everything though :nice:

You had all of this?

Chicane/ Spearco Intercooler
Accufab 75MM Throttle body
Lightning Force Performance Intercooler Coolant Reservoir
MoSaleen Idler pulley
Chicane 2.66mm Pulley
MAC ceramic coated Long Tube Headers
Ceramic coated Dr. Gas off road X-pipe
42 lb injectors
Ford Lightning90 mm Mass air

The only thing that I left out was the LightningForce Performance HE...

Just curious.. I am pretty much taking the attitude that whatever I get, I get as I do not want to forge the motor yet so I will make sure that I have a nice reliable tune and will be happy with what I get out of this project.

but with a 1 gallon coolant tank, HE and IC...I should not have a problem keeping the air cool...

SatinSilverStan said:
You had all of this?

Chicane/ Spearco Intercooler
Accufab 75MM Throttle body
Lightning Force Performance Intercooler Coolant Reservoir
MoSaleen Idler pulley
Chicane 2.66mm Pulley
MAC ceramic coated Long Tube Headers
Ceramic coated Dr. Gas off road X-pipe
42 lb injectors
Ford Lightning90 mm Mass air

The only thing that I left out was the LightningForce Performance HE...

Just curious.. I am pretty much taking the attitude that whatever I get, I get as I do not want to forge the motor yet so I will make sure that I have a nice reliable tune and will be happy with what I get out of this project.

but with a 1 gallon coolant tank, HE and IC...I should not have a problem keeping the air cool...

the main thing your trying to keep cool is the intake, also ive been looking into some older threads about this and while you have the sc off id port the intake

just so you know ill tell you what i had and made, keep in mind this was on a mustang dyno with a ***** tune

02 S281 SC/chicane 2.59 pulley/acufab 75mm tb/lighting 90mm mass air/9' k&n/mac cold air pipe/saleen high flow intercooler wp/ bassani off road x/borla cat back into center exhaust/mill elims/frpp3:73/strange 31 splines/eaton posi/saleen 10' rears/custom sct chip/focus pump/racecraft suspension/mm custon bilstein rear shocks/steeda tri axe

made 289 rwhp on a mustang dyno, so roughly 325ish on a dynojet

C.Saleen said:
the main thing your trying to keep cool is the intake, also ive been looking into some older threads about this and while you have the sc off id port the intake

just so you know ill tell you what i had and made, keep in mind this was on a mustang dyno with a ***** tune

02 S281 SC/chicane 2.59 pulley/acufab 75mm tb/lighting 90mm mass air/9' k&n/mac cold air pipe/saleen high flow intercooler wp/ bassani off road x/borla cat back into center exhaust/mill elims/frpp3:73/strange 31 splines/eaton posi/saleen 10' rears/custom sct chip/focus pump/racecraft suspension/mm custon bilstein rear shocks/steeda tri axe

made 289 rwhp on a mustang dyno, so roughly 325ish on a dynojet

I did not know that Chicane made that small of a pulley for the Series 2. Damn! I wish I could have ordered that one..

I believe that the 3.73's lowered your numbers a tad

The Saleen Intercooler is not as good as the Chicane/Spearco one from what I have been told.

My set up will differ also as I am going with LT Headers as well...

I also did not see that you were running an Idler Pulley so I am almost certain with that small of a pulley, that you had some major belt slippage which also robbed you of some power as well.

Thank you for posting what your set up was, But I am still hoping for at least 365whp as my set up is somewhat unique in that I still have not seen anyone else that has went with the set up that I am going with....

My Tuner uses a Mustang Dyno as well, But he also has the capability of producing inertia based (Dynojet) numbers as well...

So keep your fingers crossed for me and we will hope for the best!

saleen556 said:
129saleen:
What kind of power are you making with the 1.7 at 14psi? Is that 14psi on pump gas? My car is in the shop now waiting for the mods in my sig.I am stuck between putting the 1.7 back on or buy a new 2.6 since I can't find a 2.2.

@ 14 psi I am at 415whp & 475 wtq at 16* timing and that is on pump gas...
.. I made 470whp & 490wtq at 18* timing on 93 also and that is maxed...But I just kept it at 16*...I say get a 2.6 It will do the same power wise as a 2.2 just run cooler...I have been looking for a 2.2 as well..No luck though..

And SatinSilverStan I had all of that except the Chicane/ Spearco Intercooler and the idler pulley....

Update

For those of you that are following this thread, I am still waiting on the HE and Coolant Resevoir from lightning force performance... everything else is in so hopefully I can get things going by next week. Didn't want to leave you all hanging but its taking a little longer then planned to get these last 2 parts.. :(