03 Cobra vs. 96KBGT

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
Ok heres the scene. We had a street car shootout here two weeks ago. You were classed by modification and engine type. For example, i was put in the 500 class because i had a V8, "Sticky Tires" and a power adder. If you had just a 4 banger with street tires and no power adders you were in the 200 class. Anyways, i was in with a 2003 Cobra, a '99 mustang GT with a 200 Shot of Nitrous and a bunch of big block cars with nitrous. There were some foxes as well with turbos, superchargers or nitrous. A whole gambit of different cars. Whenever my class got called up i alwys got staged against the '99GT or the Cobra. We only made 3 qualifying passes, I raced the 99GT twice and the Cobra once. Sadly I lost to the 99GT the first round, I missed fourth. How the hell do you miss fourth gear???? Anyways i got retribution the second round and ran perfect and smoked him. He was buddies with the guy in the 03 Sonic Blue Cobra I had to race. Anyways the guy in the Cobra was talking some trash about 4 valve vs 2 valve. Never underestimate the 2 valve :nono: . He wouldn't tell me what he had done to the car, don't know why, i didn't really care. I did over hear him tell another guy in a different class he had his blower ported and had major modifications done to his car. i did see under his hood and he had a massive intercooler/aftercooler whatever you want to call it. This is all heads up racing, no bracket junk. I went out in the 3rd round against a big blocked Mustang 2 on Nitrous. I almost beat him, lost by 2 tenths of a second. Enjoy :D . This is also an exhaust clip for some of the 4.6 guys so don't move to the Moving Pictures Forum yet please.

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a342/Tweekedgt/?action=view&current=03Cobravs96KBGT-1.flv

• Sponsors (?)

I couldn't tell did you beat the Cobra? Very good run either way.

The Cobra, depending on pulley, supporting mods, and how agressive the port was on the blower, should have run any where from a high 11s to low 11s.

lol poor cobra. thats the most fun beating up on guys that talk trash and then when they lose they just try to avoid you.

had a honda doing that to a good amount of mustangs at the track but they were all v6s i came up to him and said ill race ya his friends just laughed at me. He had a 10 sec 1/8th mile runner lol. So basically i could have gone from 1st to 3rd and still won.

Christ! you should come to my track, your sleeper would murder
your 1st gear f'n kills

That wasn't a bad 60ft. I think I pulled a 1.7 on that run. I've had a few 1.5's lately since i put my suspension on. Most people look at my car and don't really think too much until i get in the burnout box. Then they are like holy@#$%! The only real give aways on my car are the louder sound and the 315's out back, otherwise it looks like a stock little 96 :D .

Nice kill! You should've asked him what he thought about the 2V after you spanked him!:rlaugh:

He wouldn't even talk to me after. It was kinda funny. I crushed him out of the hole, he started creeping on me until the 990 mark and then my topend pulled away from him again. It was a weird race to actually run in. I don't know what gears he had in it. All I know is Deep Violet must be a faster color than Sonic Blue :D .