'03 Cobra

HairyCanary said:
Peak power ain't great, but the AFR's are making decent power under the curve in any case. I've only run on street tires, spinning through 1st & 2nd. My torque curve combined with 3.73's makes for a very squirrely launch on street tires. With traction I hope to add two or three mph to my traps, and hopefully get this pig solidly into the 12's. And maybe I'll let someone with the skillz (Chris) see what he can get out of it...

Dave
Shame you couldnt use my DR's that one time, it would've at the very least prevent 2nd gear spin. If you're going one of these days let me know if you want them :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Toddzilla said:
I do agree that you should maybe try to sort your combo out further.

I don't think that you should go to the A9L as that IS a downgrade.

See... you guys are thinking in the wrong terms...

Its not necessarily a downgrade, but it sure is simplifying things alot.

Now I admit that 03 Cobra engine would be really bizzarely cool sitting in a 93 Fox notch... :p

"Yeah, its still a stock longblock car." :D

chris

Visceral said:
Its not necessarily a downgrade, but it sure is simplifying things alot.
Bah. The A9L is not simpler than the 94/95 EEC. Just $400 more... :D And I can tell you my cam specs, so swapping in another cam seems overkill. Now, swapping valve springs sounds fun, but only if I get to use the Comp Cams beehive springs...

HairyCanary said:
I'm pretty sure the problem has something to do with how the cam is degreed. There's not a lot of other good explanation for why the torque curve is so skewed to the bottom end.
There are a few, but they are long-shots. Like bad valvetrain geometry, falling down lifters, a single spring not taking it at 4500 or so rpm, a cam thats much smaller than expected, some odd airflow impediment... Its about sorting out the valvetrain and the airflow path...

HairyCanary said:
And maybe I'll let someone with the skillz (Chris) see what he can get out of it...

I have nothing over anyone else other than alot of practice in my car and a willingness to flog the living $h|+ out of it. Thats not to say I wouldnt take a shot at it. Last time I tried an SN95 on the drag strip it was a Saleen S281. I improved his time over 1 second! 15.9 to 14.8 or so :nonono:

chris

HairyCanary said:
Bah. The A9L is not simpler than the 94/95 EEC. Just $400 more... :D And I can tell you my cam specs, so swapping in another cam seems overkill. Now, swapping valve springs sounds fun, but only if I get to use the Comp Cams beehive springs...

CC918s are actually really cool....After I get my 12s Im boing to do rockers, springs, and the intake. Im going to do 918s if I can (I dont know the valvespring seat diameter specifics). I have a really sweet valve spring compressor too :)

Toddzilla said:
What does Ed say about your springs?

Also, why not get that AF fixed? It can't be helping.
I asked Ed for advice, and he suggested replacing the MAF with an 80mm (currently it's 75mm) and the throttle body with a 75mm (currently 65mm). I'm no longer asking his advice.

As for A/F, it could use a little more fuel, especially on the bottom, but I'm guessing the 1/2 pt won't make a huge difference in power, maybe as much as 5.

Dave

HairyCanary said:

You would want the X3Z burn for your motor anyhow..... the breakpoint vs batt volts would be wrong on the A9family (L/P/M)
But then you already knew this....
:D :p :nice:

DD
:flag:

ddonaca351 said:
You would want the X3Z burn for your motor anyhow..... the breakpoint vs batt volts would be wrong on the A9family (L/P/M)
But then you already knew this....
:D :p :nice:

DD
:flag:
Gawd, wouldn't that be funny -- take my nicely tuned T4M0 (which is TwEECed to a modded J4J1) and use a PIH kit to make it into an A9L, and then use the TwEECer to modify *that* into an X3Z... :rlaugh:

Dave