03 cobra??

• Sponsors (?)

bimmertech said:
i don't much care for 03 cobra's. and i would not throw a bunch of money in your 94/95(i know, pot calling the kettle black).

i personally would rather have a 99/00 corvette fixed roof coupe. same price, less weight, engine responds to mods very well, better brakes, better handling, better interior, better looks(ask the women), etc...... all in all a better car for the same money.

They are no fun cause yo ucan only lose to someone and if you win, big deal.:shrug: I like the element of surprise!

215what said:
03 cobra's are sick no doubt,but I whould put all that money in your car if you can.

It's a personal choice.......but I've seen one run 11:30 at Milan with slicks, one front seat, a ice box, ported s/c...............

and I look at Don's set up and know the insurance isn't a killer and I think he is in the 10's with his........................

I think it is awesome that some of these guys have done to the 94/95's on here and YOU KNOW the LS1's and LT's and WS6's don't even take a second look UNTIL......................:rlaugh:

personally i would stick with the 94-95.

you can figure it out monetarily if that helps. Pick a horsepower goal, do some research, find out how much it would cost to reach that number, then add the cost of the car. after that, toss in a 6-month insurance payment and you got your answer...

meansn95 said:
test drove the cobra its a ***n beast!!! wayyy siker than a z06, i ran a 1999-2000 z06 and hung with him. THIS IS A MUSTANG FORUUMM RIGHT??
i'd like to see that 99/00 Z06. :nonono:

have you driven a Z06? if so you would notice that it has more power and less weight, hence making it faster and more of a beast. :rolleyes:

meansn95 said:
test drove the cobra its a ***n beast!!! wayyy siker than a z06, i ran a 1999-2000 z06 and hung with him. THIS IS A MUSTANG FORUUMM RIGHT??
i loved my terminator when i had it and i love my 94 gt, but i dont have a biased opinion. i have driven several vettes, one of them being a z06 and i will tell you, as far as i am concerned i would take the z06 over another terminator any day. they are in 2 different classes and cant really be compared in any way aside from straight line acceleration. just because this is a mustang enthusiasts forum doesnt mean that MOST of us wont give praise to another type of vehicle when it is appropriate.

hey, if you can dish the money out..u could always get that new shelby...its supposed to be a lil bit behind a corvette performance wise...I imagine that could be changed with simple bolt-ons though.

I guess it all depends on what you want. If you want out of the box perfomance and a more recognized car then go vette...

but if you want a car that has a pretty good performace package, responds well to mods and are willing to mod it a bit, and is a bit more on the rarer side then the terminators would be perfect.

The way I see it, I can't go a day without seeing a vette around here...but I only see an 03/04 cobra about once every two weeks so I'd rather go with the cobra....plus, its a cobra, i mean come on lol........on the other hand there could be a reason there are more vettes

good luck in ur choice

bimmertech said:
i'd like to see that 99/00 Z06. :nonono:

have you driven a Z06? if so you would notice that it has more power and less weight, hence making it faster and more of a beast. :rolleyes:

I'm totally with this guy. A 99/00 Z06 would walk all over a 2003 Cobra. It has 5 less advertised trq and HP, BUT, its N/A and it weighs over 500 pounds less.

It will take the Cobra in the 1/4, the twisties, and top end. No doubt about it. I love, LOVE 03-04 Cobras, but BS is BS.

My uncle had a 95 ZR1, which was the precursor to the Z06. I've driven both the 95 ZR1 and the '03 Cobra, and I'd take the 11 year old vette anyday of the week. You need to drive one to understand. It's a whole different class.

This thread should move to talk, IMO.

Adam

Black95GTS said:
I'm totally with this guy. A 99/00 Z06 would walk all over a 2003 Cobra. It has 5 less advertised trq and HP, BUT, its N/A and it weighs over 500 pounds less.

It will take the Cobra in the 1/4, the twisties, and top end. No doubt about it. I love, LOVE 03-04 Cobras, but BS is BS.

My uncle had a 95 ZR1, which was the precursor to the Z06. I've driven both the 95 ZR1 and the '03 Cobra, and I'd take the 11 year old vette anyday of the week. You need to drive one to understand. It's a whole different class.

This thread should move to talk, IMO.

Adam
There is no such thing as a 99 or 2000 Z06, they didnt come out until 2001

super302 said:
There is no such thing as a 99 or 2000 Z06, they didnt come out until 2001

thats what my :nonono: was for--thanks pat

and i totally agree that vettes and stangs(any kind) are not in the same class. however the prices on some are so close that they must be compared for sheer cost.

just preference here, but i would rather have a h/c/bolton 02 Z06(electron blue) than a ported/pullied/bolton 03. slap a KB on there and i might change my tune :D

and yes, please move this to talk.

cbarr300 said:
hey, if you can dish the money out..u could always get that new shelby...its supposed to be a lil bit behind a corvette performance wise...I imagine that could be changed with simple bolt-ons though.

I guess it all depends on what you want. If you want out of the box perfomance and a more recognized car then go vette...

but if you want a car that has a pretty good performace package, responds well to mods and are willing to mod it a bit, and is a bit more on the rarer side then the terminators would be perfect.

The way I see it, I can't go a day without seeing a vette around here...but I only see an 03/04 cobra about once every two weeks so I'd rather go with the cobra....plus, its a cobra, i mean come on lol........on the other hand there could be a reason there are more vettes

good luck in ur choice
i see at least 2 03/04 cobras on the road here every day. i see vettes all the time as well, but the z06 is a lot less common to see cruising around here. as far as the new shelby goes, ford has made leaps and bounds as far as chassis design and suspension feel since the 05 hit the dealerships, but even with the many improvements, the new z06 is still ahead. dont get me wrong, the new shelby is going to be badass, but in my opinion it is still an apples & oranges comparison.

i see at least 2 03/04 cobras on the road here every day. i see vettes all the time as well, but the z06 is a lot less common to see cruising around here. as far as the new shelby goes, ford has made leaps and bounds as far as chassis design and suspension feel since the 05 hit the dealerships, but even with the many improvements, the new z06 is still ahead. dont get me wrong, the new shelby is going to be badass, but in my opinion it is still an apples & oranges comparison.

Yeah, I guess it all depends on where you live as to what you see.

and you are most definately right about the z06 being ahead. For the price of difference of a z06 and a terminator or new shelby it makes the most since to just get the z06. I had the opportunity to ride in one and that thing is most definately a beast. I've only drivin in one of the terminators but as far as seat of the pants goes the vette wins all-around. You just can't beat the package that the vette comes with. I was just saying that if you still wanted to go with a mustang and u could afford it then, out of the box, gt500 would be the closest to a z06

Again, it all comes down to pref. and whether or not you're willing to leave power on the table just to have a terminator/shelby.

on the other hand...you could always buy an eclipse and do some bolt-ons...such as double decker wings, 6" exhaust, etc., etc. and by the time ur done still be out on top money wise :shrug: hey, u'd even get a few laughs from other peeps and make their day. :nice: or not

cbarr300 said:
on the other hand...you could always buy an eclipse and do some bolt-ons...such as double decker wings, 6" exhaust, etc., etc. and by the time ur done still be out on top money wise :shrug: hey, u'd even get a few laughs from other peeps and make their day. :nice: or not
no way man.....the floorboards in those cars have weak welds that are prone to failure when the NOS is engaged. sheesh.....i figured everyone knew that. :nonono:

'03 Cobra plus twin turbo kit (forget who makes it) = 830 rwhp. Seen a couple feature cars in mags with this. I think the kit is like 8 grand, but if you could score the car for 22, 30 grand into a car making 830 to the wheels would be pretty cool considering it would be a pretty new and unabused car.

Green 94 5.0 said:
i loved my terminator when i had it and i love my 94 gt, but i dont have a biased opinion. i have driven several vettes, one of them being a z06 and i will tell you, as far as i am concerned i would take the z06 over another terminator any day. they are in 2 different classes and cant really be compared in any way aside from straight line acceleration. just because this is a mustang enthusiasts forum doesnt mean that MOST of us wont give praise to another type of vehicle when it is appropriate.
he is exactly right...they are two different classes....they can't even be compared....as far as a z06 being "economical", I think not. Like I said before, it also does not seem like they are holding there value as well either(z06's). I know this comment has been made time after time again, but if you take a 03/04 cobra and a NEW z06, and put the price differnece into the cobra strictly for performance...you have a winner both handling and straight line....the terminator is an economical race car....my opinion:rolleyes:

MysticKeith50 said:
I know this comment has been made time after time again, but if you take a 03/04 cobra and a NEW z06, and put the price differnece into the cobra strictly for performance...you have a winner both handling and straight line

for the price difference between an 03/04 cobra and a 1984 subaru justy i can build a justy that will mop the floor with the cobra. :p

no way man.....the floorboards in those cars have weak welds that are prone to failure when the NOS is engaged. sheesh.....i figured everyone knew that.

:nonono: Man are you kidding, those are weight reduction plates. If you happen to be a lil bit slower than the guy in front of you...and ur 9th gear isn't quite cutting it....You can hit the NAWWSS button and it'll knock those plates off. That's an extra 10 lbs off and added with some nitrous your gains grow exponentially. Man...noobs :) thats the real reason those plates are there.

OHHH, just a word of caution: don't let those sparks get near your nitrous bottle....U don't want ur NON-FLAMABLE nitrous oxide bottle to blow ur car up.....just use caution