03gt vs 95 cobra

Modular2v

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
oklahoma
ok as some of you might now i just recently acquired a 95 cobra. What car would be the best to for a nice streetable build up and still make 400 - 450 hp? Its kind of a trade off because i know both cars can make the power reliably. One has a weak point with the block the others week point is the internals!

• Sponsors (?)

a blown 2v will easily make 450 at the crank and be streetable

with the old Cobra i'm not sure what they'll make s/c'ed with the stock heads and cam, 350 maybe?

tough choice though. i'm partial to Cobra's

:0 I have both...A 94 GT with a 331, AFR 185's, TFS track heat, TFS stage 2 cam and i make 345 RWHP... I have also a 02' GT with comp cams, VT stage 2 heads, and ALL the supporting mods, and the 94' is WAY more fum to drive with all the TQ and not to mention it sounds cooler and turns MORE heads :) ALL NA by the way

LOL a Paxton NOVI 2000 04' GT could not even come close to my NA 331 94' GT in FULL street trim WITH A/C:D

last i checked a 331 stroker wasn't 5.0 Liters running stock compression and internals, i could be wrong though...:)

i'm sure you've dropped a *little* more cash into your engine than someone who just threw on a top-end kit and yours has a *little* more power to show for it:shrug:

last i checked a 331 stroker wasn't 5.0 Liters running stock compression and internals, i could be wrong though...:)

i'm sure you've dropped a *little* more cash into your engine than someone who just threw on a top-end kit and yours has a *little* more power to show for it:shrug:

i know some stock shortblocked 302s that run in the 9.80s:shrug:

i know some stock shortblocked 302s that run in the 9.80s:shrug:

i know of some blown 2v's that run 9.80s as well what's your point?:shrug:

you said you wanted a streetable 400-450hp

easily done with a 4.6, just slap on a blower

cheaper on a 5.0, HCI and bolt on's (not quite 400 though)

tough choice though. you made any progress on your decision yet?

i know of some blown 2v's that run 9.80s as well what's your point?:shrug:

you said you wanted a streetable 400-450hp

easily done with a 4.6, just slap on a blower

cheaper on a 5.0, HCI and bolt on's (not quite 400 though)

tough choice though. you made any progress on your decision yet?

not on STOCK SHORTBLOCKS!

no progress made yet....i have till tax time to think about it!