05 Intake Cover Missing?

Has anyone seen the silver 05GT intake cover pictures out on the web?

mustangworld17_jpg.jpg

Anyone who owns an 05 got one like that? The black plastic intake looks bad for the top end on a great motor! I would buy one in a minute!

Any info would be great.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

i hope it isnt offerend what is the point it will never been seen it serves no purpose it will only add a few more ounces to the mustangs plus size weight!! i am glad its not there cuz once i get one it would have to come off anyway!!!

slegos888stang said:
i hope it isnt offerend what is the point

WHy not? If you don't like it take it off, if you like it leave it. It's made out of ABS plastic, weighs maybe 1 pound.

I like it, but engine covers tend to trap heat and dirt under them. The dirt acts as a further insulating material. From an engineering aspect i might leave the cover off to allow the intake manifold to cool a bit better. But it sure does look better.

Mustang5L5 said:
WHy not? If you don't like it take it off, if you like it leave it. It's made out of ABS plastic, weighs maybe 1 pound.

I like it, but engine covers tend to trap heat and dirt under them. The dirt acts as a further insulating material. From an engineering aspect i might leave the cover off to allow the intake manifold to cool a bit better. But it sure does look better.
because it serves no purpose knowing ford you will have to pay for it! like you said its plastic and looks cheap plus it will never be seen like i said there is no point in having it its tacky!!