06 GT...Aux button??

mustangsquared

Founding Member
Jun 8, 2002
new bern nc
How/where do you connect items (say IPod) so it runs through the "aux" button on the shaker 500?? The manual does not say crap :shrug: and when I push it it tells me nothing is connected...like I did not alrady know that.

Thanks guys/gals....I will post picts once it stops raining and I get her washed since I am behind on posting the "Just got my stang" thread with pict. :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

As w/ most stock head units there is an aux plug in the back of the radio for optional equipment. ( cd changer or satt radio. )
You can buy an adapter that converts the ford plug on the back to RCA jacks or sometimes an Ipod plug. This will alow you to use another source through the head unit.
I got mY Honda Oddy plug here and hooked up a AV switch so I can use my Xbox or dvd player .

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrd03aux100.html

I pulled out my Shaker 500 and I got noda. It seems it is a dealer installed option on the Shaker 1000, or it is simply used for Sirius Sat Radio controls only. Not even Trip Tunes connects in any way to allow you to use the AUX button for inputs such as IPods or the like. :bang:

It won't work with the satellite either. From what i have been told the same radio is used in SUV's with a rear DVD player and the Aux is used for that and only that. Seems like it is not one of Ford's better ideas.

from what I understood, there are some Ford peripherals that will allow you to do attach Ipod to the Shaker but it's not a stock option. I'll try to look that info up (saw it mentioned on another mustang forum).

With an Fm modulator, yes. There's also a company that makes a cable but it's well over $100 and you use the ipod's controls. The better solution, in my opinion, is to change head units. The 2007 is supposed to have a plug but I saw an '07 and could not find it.

stanmckinney said:
With an Fm modulator, yes. There's also a company that makes a cable but it's well over $100 and you use the ipod's controls. The better solution, in my opinion, is to change head units. The 2007 is supposed to have a plug but I saw an '07 and could not find it.

I just got my 07 Alloy and the plug is in the arm rest, next to the power outlet.

The description of the adapter says to use the radio's satellite controls to operate the ipod. I have a 2005 Shaker 500 and it does not have satellite controls. I didn't think the 2006 did either. Am I wrong?

02whtgt said:
I just got my 07 Alloy and the plug is in the arm rest, next to the power outlet.

02 whtgt: I'd really like to see a pic of the plug and the power outlet if you could post. I've orderd a 2007 GT Conv w/Sirius option and am having a hard time with the way Ford mounted the Sirius antenna in the middle of the trunk lid. If it looks like there is a clean way to install my XM Roady XT I'd think hard about deleting the Sirius option.