1/4 times with new setup (so/so)

moneypit94

May 23, 2003
Macomb, IL
timeslips.jpg

Im sorta disapointed right now with the times but im somewhat happy with them too, considering i was in full street trim. I even had my sub box and subs in the back. That and i tied my fastest NA time ,were i was using slicks, with my street tires (which are drag radials though)

The first run was made without heating the tires or letting out any air pressure. (37 psi) I spun like a mo-fo.

The next run i heated up the tires. And the runs after that i heated them and let out air pressure each time. The last time i was down to about 18 psi.

Here is the kicker... I hit the rev limiter in 4th a few times before i was even close to the end of the track. Actually the last run i shifted into 5th (probably hurt me). So i need either larger tires or new gears.

I can't wait to go back with my slicks/skinnies and take out all the extra added weight from the car.

I was using Nitto Drag Radials 35/315/17's.
You can see my 60's weren't all that great.. IF i can get down to a 1.7 im possitive its good for an 11 timeslip.

I was launching at about 2500 rpms at the end..

Im still looking for a mid 11 or better with slicks.
You can see for the most part that with each run i got better. My reaction times did too (weird)

One more thing, As soon as i get my pms and the car tuned i will go back with the same setup and see what kind of improvements it actually made.

• Sponsors (?)

eades5.0 said:
Those are awesome times (NA u said right?)

Yeah stay outta 5th...get a taller tire
no unfortunatly they aren't NA, those are with the blower... Almost same setup as you except bigger heads, bigger cam, and probably a bigger intake.

There was only one other street car there that i noticed was pushing better times then me. IT was a Corvette with a procharger for his LS1. HE was running 11.9's at 118 but he was getting better 60's then me..

He had is car dynoed at the same place as me and pushed 490 rwhp and 425 rwtq to were i was at 482 rwhp and 490 rwtq...

I think your gearing is probably cuasing you to be so inconsistent. Can you log the runs with the PMS system? Probably something to consider when looking to buy it. That may help you figure out exactly what you should be doing and what gear would be optimal. You would be able to see where you shift, lost traction, etc etc. Even if your times are alot different, the mph sohould be fairly close. I'd say +/-1%. That's only going off what I've experienced with my slow beast since my runs are all within a .3 mph range. On the other hand I don't have the element of traction loss after the launch.

VibrantRedGT said:
The MPH is all over the place.
yeah i know.. I don't understand that either. My 1/8 mph was pretty consistant though?

The few times i hit 118 mph were the times i hit the rev limiter and it just wouldn't let me go faster. I still think i have some major tuning issues. Even on the dyno the car would put down one number and then without switching anything the next run it would put down something else really different. ( the tuner said that he thought it was because the chip was taking out more timing when it hit a certain temperature. ) I don't know but there is probably a reason they went out of business. (Cerra Racing)

Zero Signal: You think there is something out there that is better then the PMS system? The reason i ask is because ive been waiting for over a month and a half for this thing to come in. The keep pushing their arrival date back. I have had to reschedule dyno time 3 times now and this time i finally said i will just wait till it comes in.

If you think there is something better out there let me know. This just seems to be so much more user friendly. You can get the programming to log your stuff with this but it cost like $350 more over the original 1000 to get it. (The $1000 includes a 3 bar map sensor)

That and Im about 2 hours away from AFM so they can tune it...

I'm all about the TwEECer, but which one is 'better' is debatable. It's all a matter of what you want in a tuner. I chose the tweecer r/t becuase it's rudementary in that it is little more than a window into your computer and gives you the ability to change anything your computer controlls which makes it extremely powerfull. However, it's a pretty rough product in that it leaves the user on his own to figure it all out. There is a ton of online group support though. It has real time datalogging which, in my opinion, is invaluable. I don't understand how people can tune without datalogging. The tweecer is cheaper too at $560 shipped.

Ok no more advertising from me, lol! I always sound like a salesman for the crap I buy.

Yeah man with that setup you should be running super low 11's with ease and 10's with alotta traction! My first time out I was booted and only got 2 runs in...so I think my car still has alot left in it! On 10 psi missing 2-3 shift I went 11.5@123, then backed it up with a 11.9@88 on the brakes...they kicked me out after that...those runs were in the 1.8 60ft range (car usually goes 1.6's when prepped)
Anyways...something is def up here..and like Vib said your mph is all over the place.

As for the PMS it is a great system..Redsnk95 could help you a ton with it...his car went 10.70's with it, and thats only a 302 ci motor!!
As for myself, I've decided to go with the AEM....much more support for that system in my area.

Good Luck man....
Chris