1.6 vs 1.7 rockers

• Sponsors (?)

Why cause potential valve train strain with a higher ratio rocker when you can get the same effect from the right cam?

Stick with 1.6s and get a higher lift cam.

What will the power difference be? I don't recall how .1 lift equates to exactly how much more lift, but compare it to basically just having a bit more lift on your cam, and that's how much more you'll make. Basically unless you get 1.7s super super cheap and can't afford a new cam, IMO they're a waste of time. UNLESS you're really old school and just doing a super low dollar build, and then you can get 1.7 stamped steel rockers off of a 460 and get a little more out of a stock cam.

1.7's AND a cam can likely result in piston/valve clearance issues.

stick with the 1.6's as mentioned that way you can run a proper cam. wish to hell I would have done my homework b4 bolting on my 1.7's.

i got a good deal on a B-cam for cheap. it has low lift, .480 with 1.6s

the b-cam has pretty nice duration for a street mustang, 224* @.050 on both sides

i traded some 1.6s i had for some 1.7s, now the lift on the b- cam is around .510 - .512, helps it out a little bit.

i got a good deal on a B-cam for cheap. it has low lift, .480 with 1.6s

the b-cam has pretty nice duration for a street mustang, 224* @.050 on both sides

i traded some 1.6s i had for some 1.7s, now the lift on the b- cam is around .510 - .512, helps it out a little bit.

See, as far as lift goes, that brings you right on par with an F303.

I agree with ya'll !! IF you have the 1.7 rockers and a small lift cam, and want to raise the lift on your cam... then install the 1.7. IF you are GOING to buy the 1.7's cause "everyone uses them", then I say NO!! Cost is an issue... 250-325 for a set of 1.7s and gain 10 HP on the cam, vs 200.00 for a Camshaft that will give 35-40 HP!! See where I am going... dont Bandied the valve train!! On the tests run in a few mags.. the HP increase wa less than 10 HP!!!

Just me........................................

Thumper