100 miles to a 1/4 tank of gas.

MustangJunkie said:
The gas gauge is highly nonlinear. The first quarter goes slow then it goes faster and faster. The only way to get a reasonable estimate is to finish the tank.

The gauge is nonlinear due to the gas tank, since the fuel level transmitter is most likely linear. Almost all gas tanks are larger at the top, thus showing more miles driven for the first used 1/4 tank of gas.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I'm still doing good so far. I'm up to 115mpg. I admit, the needle has moved a bit more but still far from half tank. Hopefully, I'll get better mpg out of this tank. You must remember that I have a high stall torque converter and all the mods in my sig. My car never got good gas mileage to begin with but I think its getting better the more I use this fuel conditioner and hopefully the oil filter magnet is helping by keeping all the metal out of the motor. I'll let you guys know how many miles I get to this full tank.

rd02gt said:
what is the average mileage for a 02 gt mustang??? because i only get around 165 -75 tops to a full tank... :notnice: :nonono:

I was getting 17mpg w/ stock gears. Mileage avg down to about 16mpg with the 410s. I do a lot of "punchin it" too. That's equivalent to 256 miles on a tank. But it's very bad to run a car below 1/8 tank. Some say 1/4 tank due to all the sediment at the bottom can clog you fuel filter and it's harder on the pump I'm told.

The fuel gauge is inaccurate as hell, when I fill up to warning light, I can only pack in about ~14 gallons, there's almost two gallons in the tank still. And the needle only comes of the F after about 70-80 miles, then starts falling rapidly to E. I notice after 3/4 to Empy it goes pretty quick. Best I can do with 3.27's 301 to a tank, 80/20 highway/city.

Yeah I can get a little over 100 on the first 1/4. Then Im right at 150-175 at 1/2, I usually end up around 285-320/13.5 gallons. I fill up right when the light comes on lol, Im to big a pansy to push it much past that :D. I usually get anywhere from 13.2-13.7 in the tank after the light comes on. If we really have a 15.7 gallon fuel cell then our light comes on when there is around 2 gallons left :shrug: Seems like a decent bit left to me... roughly 40 miles.

Well, normally I only get to about 235-245 miles before I get the low fuel light. Dont ask why, the car is just a gas sucker. To think it was worse before I started using the fuel treatment. It was only 210-220 back then.:eek: