100% stock '89 gt find...

Jason Burson

Founding Member
May 5, 1999
lufkin, texas
Today I came across a 100% stock '89 GT, 2 owner, rust free texas car, blue on grey, grey interior, 5 speed mass air car that has 98K miles on it. Other than the faded paint and DRY rubber on the glass the body is flawless, lines are perfect, doors open and shut like an SN95. The owner is a tax collector who has owned the car since 1994, when he purchased it with 44k miles. The car had current tags, fresh tires, cold air, and even the original plugs. The back seats are folded down as they were in 1994 to reduce sun fade. Windows are tinted and interior has good color with some slight wear on edge of drivers set. The car is now neglected due to the current owner’s acquisition of a custom ordered '05 GT. The '89 currently sits sadly in the street.

Asking $3000.

Am I an idiot for not buying it on the spot or is this too much for the car?

• Sponsors (?)

pics and more info

I went back today and took a good look at the car. The owner has all reciepts including a copy of the check he purchased the car with. Cold air, the fog lights are even original and work, recent alt, clutch and rack and pinion.

Mechanically all the car needs an alignment and fuel gauge fixed (but the idiot light still works?)

Cosmeticlly the passenger headlight is yellowed, the exteror rubber around both doors is dryed out and comming apart.

I'm going to get a carfax and more than likley pick up the car tommarow.

He's down to $2850 so far...

Attachments

• September 2006 028.jpg
    September 2006 028.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 117
  • September 2006 030.jpg
    September 2006 030.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 96
I don't think I am going to move on this car so if someone else is interested I have pictures of all of the car's defects.

A little more info:

VIN 1FABP42E5KF302149

The cars looks ok but needs paint, it is faded to primer in areas. the back glass needs resealed and all rubber/trim around windows is sun baked and needs replaced or covered.
I do not own this car and did not know the owner until recent and have no interest in selling this car to anyone, but I think it is a good find and if someone is interested please let me know.

Thanks