15 mm spacers...?

samaj

May 2, 2009

Attachments

• KIT%20ALL%204.jpg
    KIT%20ALL%204.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Sponsors (?)

I dont have experience with that company, but I was in a custom wheel shop the other day discussing spacers. The guy told me that its much harder to add a small spacer, because you need to replace the bolts. With a 1 inch spacer (25mm), you just bolt it to the factory bolts, and then bolt the wheel to the new bolts that are on the spacer. But with anything smaller than that, there is not enough space to completely cover the factory bolts. This is sort of hard to explain in words, but makes total sense when looking at the wheel/bolt/lug system. Basically, to go with a smaller spacer you will need to replace the bolts, and these guys seem to know their stuff. (again, no experience with their product)

I know exactly how it works as i have the 25mm H&R spacers. Since i used on them on my stock 18" Fanblade wheels.

But with the new 20" rims i need to go 15mm only. This stuff is perfect.But not a well known copany as H&R & Eibach.

Lookinf for feedback.

I dont have experience with that company, but I was in a custom wheel shop the other day discussing spacers. The guy told me that its much harder to add a small spacer, because you need to replace the bolts. With a 1 inch spacer (25mm), you just bolt it to the factory bolts, and then bolt the wheel to the new bolts that are on the spacer. But with anything smaller than that, there is not enough space to completely cover the factory bolts. This is sort of hard to explain in words, but makes total sense when looking at the wheel/bolt/lug system. Basically, to go with a smaller spacer you will need to replace the bolts, and these guys seem to know their stuff. (again, no experience with their product)

I too am considering wheel spacers for stock 18's. I have no experience with wheel spacers at all. Are these dangerous? I have heard posts of wheels coming off while driving. I may be wrong but I would think that wheel spacers would give the illusion of having wider wheels and with this illusion, adding fatter tires would look awesome while still maintaining factory looks. Any opinions?