15" wheels for slicks with Bullitt breaks?

Tripoli

Mar 30, 2005
Dallas, TX
I have the Bullitt breaks on all 4 corners of my car and I'm trying to find out for sure what 15" wheels I can get that will fit over my rear breaks without grinding on the caliper. I don't mind shaving a little off the banjo bolt if I need to.

I'm looking at either a 15x8" wheel or a 15x10" wheel. Not 100% sure, but I think I'd like to get Weld Draglites if they'll fit.

I've searched around for info on this and haven't found anything that says for sure what will fit. Generally, people have been saying that 15x8 w/ 5.5 BS or 15x10 w/ 6.5 BS will fit, though there is some debate whether or not some grinding on the caliper may be necessary.

If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know. I was thinking that perhaps going down a notch on the backspacing might help, say 15x8 w/ 4.5 BS or 15x10 w 5.5 BS.

If anyone knows of anyone here in/near Dallas that could arrange some test-fitting, that'd be great.

For the slicks themselves, I'm probably going to go with M&H 10/26-15 (11.1" SW) if I go with the 8" rim, or 12/26-15 (13.5" SW) if I go with the 10" rim. I don't expect to have any major clearance issues with the tires. The quad shocks might be a little tight, but I can always reverse them, and the stock tailpipes could be tight. The 1" smaller backspacing I was thinking about would probably remove any worry of those.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks. That was by far the best thread I've seen about this.

I've decided to go with the Weld Draglite 15x10 6.5 BS. I'm going to wait until they get here to see how they fit, and I figure I'll probably need a 1/4" spacer to get them on, and I may need to either grind down the banjo bolt a little, or just replace the rear break lines with ones that have a lower-profile banjo fitting. Once they fit, I'll get the tires sent. Going to go with the M&H 12/26-15.