150 shot on stock internals??

you are not going to hurt the bottom end with even a 150 shot unless your AF goes crazy(lean),your engine will handle a lot more. The fuel pump will not be able to support the amount needed for the nitrous around a 150 shot. With the 2 steps colder plugs and the kit installed per NX instructions, you will probably be fine a few times, maye 30 times, it will get it eventually. If you put a KB on there and run the boost up you can do the same thing as spraying to much. You will run lean.
I thought all the NX kits came with pills for 75-150 for the Mustangs. It is a wet kit??? Yes, NX rates at RWHP, my guess is that with a 150 in your car, it would be around 340 rwhp. Dyno tune recommended but you are selling. Is it really worth it to beat a SRT-4. Tell them you won't race rice.....and last but not least, take it to the track...

• Sponsors (?)

forpit2000gt said:
you are not going to hurt the bottom end with even a 150 shot unless your AF goes crazy(lean),your engine will handle a lot more. The fuel pump will not be able to support the amount needed for the nitrous around a 150 shot. With the 2 steps colder plugs and the kit installed per NX instructions, you will probably be fine a few times, maye 30 times, it will get it eventually. If you put a KB on there and run the boost up you can do the same thing as spraying to much. You will run lean.
I thought all the NX kits came with pills for 75-150 for the Mustangs. It is a wet kit??? Yes, NX rates at RWHP, my guess is that with a 150 in your car, it would be around 340 rwhp. Dyno tune recommended but you are selling. Is it really worth it to beat a SRT-4. Tell them you won't race rice.....and last but not least, take it to the track...

i appreciate your info man...
yea i would rather run an ls1 again,i dunno we'll see what i end up running cause we meet up every weekend.. a bunch of ls1's and mustangs and stuff..mostly demestic cars.. yea th enx kit came with pills for like 50-150 or 75-150..but not the 125 thats the main reason i bought the kit i thought i could run a 125

Can you do it yes is it smart well? Just so you know I did throw my 150 pills in and made 3 runs with it. I did back out timing, and I'm 1 step colder on the plugs. I also will be putting the 100 jets back in.
Oh and I think he has a better chance of fragging a piston than breaking a rod. IMO.

Oh and since your selling your kit what you getting next??

BooWFO said:
Can you do it yes is it smart well? Just so you know I did throw my 150 pills in and made 3 runs with it. I did back out timing, and I'm 1 step colder on the plugs. I also will be putting the 100 jets back in.
Oh and I think he has a better chance of fragging a piston than breaking a rod. IMO.

Oh and since your selling your kit what you getting next??

how much of a difference did the 150 make than the 100..could u feel the difference??

next im selling my car and getting a truck(its a have to because of my job)
besides i live in florida and the laws have changed this year and its really not worth getting caught racing

oh yea the job im doing is.. pdr(paintless dent removel)

Well to be honest it was kinda a flop. I only went 2 tenths quicker, I found out after the runs I only had 300psi of bottle pressure. But it did enable me to beat the guy who called me out I didn't break nothing and I drove the 130miles home, so i consider it a success.
I really can't talk about street racing, I used to do it ever night for 14years. I no longer do it my risk are too great for the thrill. So I've taken my racing to the track.
Cool from what I hear most of those guys make good money.
BTW what are the laws in FL now?

I didnt know you were on here. Sucks the bottle was empty tonight, you could have run that blown 02 GT. You should have been running the 150 shot when you ran Wombat awhile back, the 100 shot didnt get it done. :) Get the bottle filled and come out on the 150 next weekend or pm me your number this week, the SRT4 probably wouldnt mind running again.

This is lil Dave btw.

sgarlic said:
Here's my take.

A 150 shot on a basically stock engine takes you to what, 300rwhp? Maybe? (for the few seconds you spray.)

Then you spray and break a rod or blow a cylinder, blow up your intake, or something.

So after you factor in what you spent on the nitrous initially, a new forged shortblock to replace the one you just blew up, and the man-hours, you could've bought a 9psi KB, a dyno tune, and still been putting down almost 100 more hp at the wheels all day long, without having to refill any bottles.

Hrmph.

man on a 100 shot i did 294 rwhp.. so the 150 would deffinately get it over 300

Ridiculous laws..

Spinning tires = Jail

I'm proof of that. Spun my tires for about 2 seconds after being stopped at a red light.. and the cop says that qualifies as "drag racing" under the new florida laws. He read it to me and everything. So I went to jail.

Apparently Florida is having some sort of issue with street racers?

I never got over 35 miles an hour, hit second and coasted.. blue light and I didnt see my house untill about 8 the next night.

id say if youre tuned, and have some sort of wideband o2 that you can keep tabs on whats going on and let off when it starts to lean out too much, then you *could* get away with it.

150shot is quite a bit of nitrous and added heat for a stock 4.6, even if its tuned. i know of a guy that did 125 stock for quite a long time, but now has a forged 5.0 stroker and the fuel system to back it, and runs 150shot daily and 200 at the track.