17 cobra R's or fat and skinnies?

willys1

Dec 2, 2003
New Jersey
Havent heard many pros and cons on ths subject,I do a lot of highway drining,my engines pretty much stock, 2800 conv, 3.73 gears. trans go shift kit,dense charger cai,flowmaster muffs,I like both looks but cant decide? Any have any comments? 17 cobra R's or fat and skinnies?

• Sponsors (?)

It's really a matter of personal taste IMO... I like R's, but allot of people say, everyone has them. To me they are like Pony rims, factory replacments. But I like factory rims no matter what year and car they come from.

And even with fatties & skinnies, there will be people who say, allot of Stangs have that set-up. But if you like them, that all that matters.

If yo drive your car all the time, skip the skinnies. I had some on my car for a while, and your braking ability is reduced greatly. :notnice: I would save them for the track. :shrug:

Yeah, the fat and skinny thing is for drag racing, going fast in a straight line with plenty of room to stop. I think they verge on dangerous in a street setting.
the 17"R's are the way to go (or something simular) I like the 03 cobra wheels on a FOX, that looks cool.
All JMO.

will they fit

L8 MUSL said:
Yeah, the fat and skinny thing is for drag racing, going fast in a straight line with plenty of room to stop. I think they verge on dangerous in a street setting.
the 17"R's are the way to go (or something simular) I like the 03 cobra wheels on a FOX, that looks cool.
All JMO.
I heard its not a straight fit with the cobra R's,you need the stick on wieghts up front because the bang on one rub on the strut, and the back ones hit the bottom shocks. Is this true?