17x9 Cobra R replica wheels...

CornerCarvin67

Dec 30, 2004
As my 92 sits in storage.... I wonder what I want to change next spring. I've looked at a ton of wheels. I think I've settled on this wheel. It's cheap.. MavroMont has them for $110 each I think. They look good (I like the silver, not the chrome) and they SHOULD be the correct size. I also don't want to convert to a 5-lug set up.

I hope...

Has anyone here bought these wheels from them? Any issues?

Or even if you've bought these from someplace else. I have the 1.5 Steeda drop with castor plates on my car.

Will I be okay with the 245-45 tire on the front and the 275-40 on the rear?

I've went thru the mega thread on the sweet looking foxes once. I really don't want to page thru all of them again looking for Cobra R pics.

thanks for your help

• Sponsors (?)

Umm I think EVERYONE is on the wrong page...

Number one the 1993 Cobra R wheel is actually just a 94+ GT split 3 spoke 17" wheel with the polished lip, black middle, and chrome center cap. These are 5 lug only. I assume you meant the 1995 Cobra R style in 4 lug, which I believe everyone has had on their fox at some point. I had 17x9s all around with those same wheels, and 245/45 up front 275/40 DRs out back. Fit fine, but at stock ride height.

The Pony R wheel is a 17" version of the 16" ponys offered on the 1991-1993 LXs and GTs. Not a Cobra R wheel...

These are 93R wheels.....

attachment.php

Boy do i miss them

Well since you guys brought it up, is there any interest in a '93 Cobra R wheel in an 18" version with a huge lip? I think that would look great. They really look best on a Foxbody for some reason. They just do not look as good on an SN95.

We were considering that next for production but have started on another style wheel. What are you opinions?

Thanks,
Demetrios
Mavromont Ind.

Yep.. I was meaning the 95 Cobra R's.

I was just wondering if it looks stupid to have a 4 lug pattern on a 5 spoke wheel.

I do like the PonyR's... but I'm not sure it's worth the change from my factory Pony's.

What about the 03 Cobra wheels? I seen them with the four lug pattern... how do they fit on the Fox? (1992)

Yep.. I was meaning the 95 Cobra R's.

I was just wondering if it looks stupid to have a 4 lug pattern on a 5 spoke wheel.

I do like the PonyR's... but I'm not sure it's worth the change from my factory Pony's.

What about the 03 Cobra wheels? I seen them with the four lug pattern... how do they fit on the Fox? (1992)

Its what you like on your car that matters, but IMHO I think 4 Lug 5 Spoke Wheels look like A$$.

Well since you guys brought it up, is there any interest in a '93 Cobra R wheel in an 18" version with a huge lip? I think that would look great. They really look best on a Foxbody for some reason. They just do not look as good on an SN95.

We were considering that next for production but have started on another style wheel. What are you opinions?

Thanks,
Demetrios
Mavromont Ind.

That would be sick:nice:

Yeah.. that's what I'm thinking now too. I think it has to do with the center cap area. The four lug alignment just doesn't look right on the 95R wheel. It's more obvious and looks like something isn't aligned properly. The design on the 03 creates a different depth sort of and lets the lug area seperate from the spokes more.

Just my opinion... I'm a designer at work... I think the 95's would bug me. Thanks.

I'll look into the 03 wheels more. I'd like to see some pics if possible... especially on a emerald green.