$1800

Q's Stang

Jun 28, 2004
Indianapolis
i have $1800 to spend on mods for my stock 00 gt and was wanting to find out what would be the best way to spend that money...i dont know if i should spend 1500 for a bassani x-pipe & cat back or buy a cheaper brand exhaust so i have money left over to spend on other mods like CAI, gears, pullies and whatnot. and also, im not too sure whether or not i should stick the company decals on the ride to let people know what kinda mods i have? sometimes id rather have the car clean and leave people guessing or impress others with colorful stickers...

• Sponsors (?)

just do gears, exhaust and a shifter. maybe take care of plenum, throttle body and add a k&n filter. Dont worry about spending your money on bolt-ons (too much $$ for not enough gain IMO). if you are really wanting serious power, just save for the supercharger. just my .02 :nice: if you can manage to spend a few dollars here and there while saving for the blower, start working on your suspension so you can really put the power to the ground once the blower is on :nice: (subframes, springs, shocks/struts, upper/lower control arms)

As said above, exhaust, gears, shifter - then subframe connectors. This will make it perform, sound and feel 100% better.
And as far as stickers are concerned, JUST SAY NO!
Stickers are for pure racers only, to collect sponsorship money...
Enjoy!

saleen repros are reproductions of their wheels, i wouldn't buy from saleen from what i've heard. But you probably want to mess with the engine rather than cosmetic

i wanna get some cobra rims put on the stang, but i HAVE to get an exhaust that sounds nasty...there is all this advise to get exhaust, gears, CAI, and suspension...but what kinda exhaust should i get that sounds real deep and clean? i like how magnaflow sounds....but i know bassani is like top of the line for mustangs...if i go cheaper, i know i can get pipes and cat back the gears and like subframe connectors...i think gears will go about 400 and subframes would go about 300 and hopefully i could get a NICE exhaust for like 1100...that would be perfect...but do any of yall have good ideas? should i go 3.73's or 4.10's for a college driver? and is steeda the best way to go for subframe connectors?

The best way to spend that money is to look on the classifieds and ebay and buy used stuff in good condition.If you go to ebay there are some brand new coldair intakes on there for$60.They may not be name brand but i have one on my car and it works great.In my opinion c.a.i are all the same.It just depends on what kind of air filter you have.So far i have only spent about $250 on a cai,triax sts,and some pi cams and i am about to get a barely used pi intake for $100 shipped.There is a guy in the classifieds section selling some pi heads for around $200.Also you can get some ford racing 4.10 gears off ebay for $160.Go with a catless bassani x-pipe and some 40 series flows and put some turn downs on there to make it sound even more bad ass!!!Trust me you wont be unsatisfied at all.You can also get you some brand new steeda underdrive pulleys off ebay for $150 shipped.Then you can get an upper plenum for about $150 used off here or ebay.Then i would go with a 75 mm throttle body to go with the upper plenum.My freind greg just out them on his car and he gained 22 rwhp.He has an 02.Just with the pi heads,cams and intake you will be very very happy!!!!!!! :) Just look for the best deals and you will get more stuff that way and more hp.I wish i had 1800 to spend i would buy evry single bolt on there is and then get the pi heads,intake and cams and would probly be runnin mid to low 8's!!