180AMP 6G Large Case install... no charge **PICS**

BigHairyMonkey

Founding Member
Jun 18, 2003
Houston (Bellaire) TX
I just finished installing my 6g, yet it wont charge. any suggestions?

I have

1. Sawed off piece of the bracket and mounted the alternator
2. Snipped off the factory alternator harness and attached the new one (as per instructions)
----attached the green wire to the green wire
----attached the yellow wire to the yellow wire
----left the white/black wire alone... capped off

3. Ran 4awg from the the alternator post through a 200amp fuse to the solenoid.

Started the car up and the car is not charging... the gauge is burried at the bottom. In the instructions it said to attach the power wire to the battery + side but i ran it to the solenoid like it is factory.. thinking i might have made a mistake i attached it directly to teh battery and it still doesnt work.

here is some pics.. wires are not wrapped for viewin purposes
1003041ur6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1003042lk0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1003043db4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

• Sponsors (?)

6G's dont use an external stator circuit as I recall.

There are a couple of versions of 6G's. Do you know what color regulator you have? If grey and black, you should be ok.

Double check the regulator wiring. The terminals should be labeled. I is the ignition wire and A is the remote sense wire for the regulator (it sees battery voltage).

Otherwise be sure your fuse didn't blow. If that doesnt solve it, I'd get it bench tested.

Good luck.

the remote sense wire is white and the ignition wire is what color on the stock harness? green or yellow?

I don't have a 93 so I can only relate how early aero foxes are. On those:

The ignition wire is Lt green/red at the regulator.

The remote sense is yellow/white.

I think this matches up just right with the 6G regulator A and I pigtail wiring colors.

Ok

Constantly running the taurus fan during the houston summers (its a power hog...), plus all the electronics, upgraded audio system, ac, etc.

Fair enough. I'm planning on running a taurus fan too, but I bought a DCC fan controller to help lessen the stress on the electrical system. I am not running anything special for a stereo either.

Anyway, back to the topic. Did you get the alternator tested?

Hello,

i had a similar problem with my 130 amp alternator. This damn thing don´t loaded.
I checked all wires ten times, no problem to see.:notnice:
After 2 hours i saw a few black powder on the alternator bracket. The belt slip over the alternator pulley. I streched the serpentine belt...... problem solved:nice:

:shrug:

Markus