18X9 Saleen Replicas

• Sponsors (?)

Roger_4.6_96 said:
I just picked up a set of 18X9 all around for $554 shipped. What size tires would be best :shrug:

Any help much appreciated :hail2:

Are those used? That is a great price. If they are new, where did you get them? (if ebay, include sellers name, please)

You should put 275/35-18 tires on there if you want to keep the same diameter as stock. Then you don't need to recalibrate your speedometer or live with an inaccurate one.

I checked www.tirerack.com and 245/45-17 (stock size) is the same diameter as 275/35-18.

EDIT:

In case you're interested in my opinion:

I would get a set of 4 Yokohama AVS ES100 at tire rack for $184/ea + shipping.

I checked www.discounttiredirect.com and www.tirerack.com and for that size, those are the tires I would get.

You could always get the generic brand tires from a local tire shop, but as far as tires available online, that is what I would get if I were you.

Too bad 18" tires are still so expensive. :notnice:

Roger_4.6_96 said:
I just picked up a set of 18X9 all around for $554 shipped. What size tires would be best :shrug:

Any help much appreciated :hail2:

I realize that replicas would be cheaper than the real deal, but where in the heck did you find these for $554 shipped? Link to a website perhaps? Sounds almost too good to be true. :flag:

I got a set of Cobra R Replicas - chrome for $800 shipped and thought that was a good price.

I was thinking of a set of these for my '03, but in chrome.

What's the widest they make for the Saleen style wheels? I want wider than 9". Is 18x10 the biggest they have, or do they have an 18x11?

Roger_4.6_96 said:
Only problem tires are $250 - $400 a peice :eek:
Kumho 712 - about $170 each shipped from tirerack.com. they don't hook up too well, but handle quite exceptionally in 18".
I got them installed for $175 each for the rears, and $185 each for the fronts (had to go to different stores to find 265's for the front)
219150_72_full.jpg

219150_91_full.jpg

Bottom line, if you can afford 230ish installed per tire get something else, but for under 800 installed for 4 tires its not a bad deal.

-wade