1965 Four Wheel Disc Brake Question

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the input. That's how I thought it would work best. That is probably what I willl end up doing then. Is there a better or equal quality adjustable valve that is less expensive? I thought I saw one for 30 dolllars a while back. Not that it is a big deal to spend 50 dollars on this one, but its always nice to save money.

I would use the Ford one or the SSBC one. I do have a used SSBC one kicking around in the garage if you are interested. It came out of my car when I installed new lines and a new Ford prop. valve that I picked up for very cheap money with a ton of other NOS ford parts.

Thanks for the offer, but I already ordered the SSBC one from Mustangs Unlimited. I was going to get the Ford Racing one, but the SSBC one says that it comes with fittings. If I hadn't already ordered it, I would definitely have been interested.

Is the new Ford one you have the same as what we have been talking about, or is it a different one?

Where did you mount yours? I was thinking under the hood over by the master cylinder. I have seen people mount them under the car or near the rear end. I even saw some guy mount his so the the knob protruded into the passenger area by the driver seat so that he could adjust it while driving. I won't be mounting mine like that. I want as few holes as possible in my car.

Yes it is the same one. It is made by Wilwood and Ford just put their name on it. I mounted mine under the Master Cylinder and made up a bracket out of aluminum stock and bolted it to the fender apron. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1356.jpg
    IMG_1356.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 141
Thanks for the picture.

I may mount mine close to the same way. I'll have to wait until my backordered master cylinder arrives, so I can see how everything fits together. It should be here this week.

Do you know anything about Versailles rear brake calipers? I read something about having to adjust them before installing them. I have never heard of adjusting calipers before.

just FYI when you adjust the brakes you want the rears to lock-up just before the fronts, NOT the fronts locking before the rears, it helps keep the car going in a straight line. if the fronts were to lock up first you wouldn't be able to control the direction of the car because with the rears locking after the fronts they are now controlling the car's direction instead of the steering wheels.