Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by rusty428cj, Oct 6, 2007.
Are you going to swap in the Mark VII EFI?
It would be easier for me to install a carb since I know very little about EFI but after thinking about I'm going with the EFI.
Really some great work!!! Nice eye for details and lines.
I assume you'll be running a fuel cell with the FI anyway but just in case you didn't notice that rear sway bar will prevent you from using the stock fuel tank.
I will be using the stock tank. I bought the second kit Rod & Custom made and they sent the wrong sway bar. Here is the correct one that is in front of the tank
I spent today block sanding the deck lid trying to get it to match the quarter. I will be painting it SPI red the same as my Fairlane. What can I say I like red.
View attachment 198414
View attachment 198415
An awful lot of good work going on there! I wish I had paint and body skills, but they are beyond me. Too much like "art", I just can't do it!
That looks sweet and is going to be an awesome car.
More block sanding it's getting closer.
I finished block sanding the deck lid trying to get it to match the quarters and than epoxy primed
Sprayed SPI Turbo primer
I spend most of the day working on something that you don't see 95% of the time the back of the deck lid.
I finished sanding and than epoxy primed
I bought the first - same deal - had to swap the sway bar.
Just a question.......
You wouldnt happen to take kidneys for payment would you?
I have one laying around I could do without if it meant getting something like that!!!
Today I sanded the deck lid than sprayed a coat of SPI white epoxy
I waited a couple of hours than sprayed 3 coats of SPI single stage red.
I was not happy with the hood after block sanding. I added a little filler than epoxy primed again.
I block sanded the hood again and epoxy primed white next I need to sand and paint the back side of the hood.
It has been awhile since I got to work on the 68 so today I decided to add a little filler to each quarter to tighten the gap on the fiberglass deck lid and I block sanded the roof and taillight panel.
We had a problem with the drivers door sticking out 1/4" at the bottom even after elongating the holes in the hinge. We cut 1/4" out of the bottom of the door.
Brian had to cut out a section to get at the inner brace to cut it. After the brace was welded he brushed some epoxy primer than welded back in the piece he cut out.
I sprayed SPI Red yesterday on the hood and deck lid and the clear today. I will wet sand and than spray 3 more coats of SPI Universal clear.
Looking really good, cant wait to see the finished car. Love the red.
Ready for 2 coats of epoxy primer