Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have Windows 7 or later, it automatically makes backups of the registry and system files IF you had the backup feature enabled. Even if you didn't have the feature turned on, the event log would capture the error message and tell you which file caused the error. Replace bad file with a known good copy and you are fixed.

FYI: this is the sort of thing that I have been doing for a living for the last 16 years or so. PM me for help if you are interested.
It's a Jar file. What ever the hell that means. When you try and launch TS,...a window pops open that says Java Virtual machine Launcher at the top with an error message inside that states:

Error: invalid or corrupt jarfile TunerstudioMS.jar

• Sponsors (?)

It's a Jar file. What ever the hell that means. When you try and launch TS,...a window pops open that says Java Virtual machine Launcher at the top with an error message inside that states:

Error: invalid or corrupt jarfile TunerstudioMS.jar

The first thing I need to know is what version of Windows are you running?
To find out click on the Windows Start button, then when the Menu pops up, right click on Computer. When the dialog box open up, left click on Properties. A window will open up that says View basic information about your computer. The answer is in the paragraph tiled Windows Edition.

The Tuner Studio program is written in Java, which allows it to be portable between computer types and operating systems like Windows or Linux, etc. The file TunerstudioMS.jar is probably the main program file and it got corrupted during a download or a copy operation.

The other possibility is that a Java update failed to download correctly or the version of Java running on your laptop isn't compatible with the program installation. There has been at least 1 Java update on the last 30 days that I know of.

I get that message with TS, too. I found that I have to wait about a minute before I can open TS or I get the message for that jar file. Thought my laptop was just slow.

Time to talk for the sake of talking.

I called Summit this morning and ordered the replacement sending unit. Before I did that, I opened TS and created a timing table to send to my ECU on Wednesday. The old timing table had the engine starting and idling at about 16 degrees, jumping up 2 -4 degrees per 1000 RPM,...eventually capping at around 30

I bumped everything up 4 degrees. The car will start at 20 now. I'm gonna keep adding timing until I get an instant start (right now it cranks for about 2 seconds, then surges. I'm hoping that the engine likes more timing in a quest to smooth out the surge, because when I first started this thing in march,...it didn't. (At least not after the wideband started correcting it it didn't)

The only thing I can think that's different between then and now is that the timing was steeper then. Now I've more closely matched the current tune to the old one, so we'll see.

Reactions: 5 users
Time to talk for the sake of talking.

I called Summit this morning and ordered the replacement sending unit. Before I did that, I opened TS and created a timing table to send to my ECU on Wednesday. The old timing table had the engine starting and idling at about 16 degrees, jumping up 2 -4 degrees per 1000 RPM,...eventually capping at around 30

I bumped everything up 4 degrees. The car will start at 20 now. I'm gonna keep adding timing until I get an instant start (right now it cranks for about 2 seconds, then surges. I'm hoping that the engine likes more timing in a quest to smooth out the surge, because when I first started this thing in march,...it didn't. (At least not after the wideband started correcting it it didn't)

The only thing I can think that's different between then and now is that the timing was steeper then. Now I've more closely matched the current tune to the old one, so we'll see.

Very good Mike now your getting it.

TALK ABOUT A MOOD SWING!!!!!!!!

What can you derive from this pic:

image.jpeg

It runs! Took the thing around the block multiple times while letting it auto tune.

4587233B-C2BE-4D47-8A8C-8FC4A8FF2439_zpsv9svvzob.jpg

6C0BFFCF-F830-4C19-B98D-A6D51E76CA44_zps8pwlizx0.jpg

B2AC39A5-6162-4B58-B13B-6CC16ABAED3E_zpsee6rghaa.jpg

This is the first time I've been able to step away from the car and look at it. I thought I was gonna hate those orange lipped wheels, but they are right at home. The thing is visceral to drive. loud and clunky, from all of the solid mounted stuff, it sounds like you are sitting right on top of the engine. The front tires scrub on a hard turn, but I am not gonna change the rake...so I'll just have to treat it like a 18 wheeler, and be cognizant of my turn radius. I think it looks freakin great,...it's exactly as I've imagined it would be.

Still buttloads of detail work left to do, and some driving for sure. It runs 65 P.S.I. , stays at 187,..It appears that I've wired everything correctly as all of the rest of the gauges (including the speedo) register. But most importantly.....Inside, this thing sounds so freakin cool. The tail pipe is not fart pipe sounding at all,...kinda has a low almost diesel truck like growl when it's being lugged. The trans will take some getting used to because it's full manual, it lurches when you stuff it in second, and in 3rd, it's just beggin' me to put my foot in it. (Not gonna happen until the AFR targets are set for the impending boost) that's gonna require some more studying on how and where in the map I do that. All I know is that it almost idles now,...at about 800 RPM in gear. the surge is still there a little bit.

I'm a liitle rambely right now,......I'm about as freakin happy as anybody can get.

Attachments

• 2995D1CD-3703-4A29-8AAD-C827FA3ECC11_zpsdvaebuqm.jpg
    2995D1CD-3703-4A29-8AAD-C827FA3ECC11_zpsdvaebuqm.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: 17 users
I've been looking at the pics,..It needs to come up in the rear I think. I can't go lower in front the tires are already up inside the fender as it is.

I hooked up the lights in the rear center Cyclone emblem,.....Not gonna work. Several Leds are out/not working on the ends, and I just dont like it. So,..I'll end up making a recessed tray that will sit under that cover and I'll use conventional red incandescent bulbs. as running lights. I'll probably relocate two back-up lights into the bumper (probably use early Mustang repro stuff) or I'll recess something flush into the bumper.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.