1992 5.0 headunit install problems

Eno_Resm

Sep 27, 2006
ok ive posted this in another section but this is where i should have posted this.........................i bought a 1992 gt hatch about a month ago and the previous owner had a system in it...............but when he sold it to me he took the system out of it and now im stuck tryin to figure out which...................i have pics of the console...........

• Sponsors (?)

ok the first pic is of the stock adapters ..........................but when i bought the adapter piece that hooks up to them i got no power no nothing from the headunit...........

ok here it is .................

Attachments

• wiring 2.JPG
    wiring 2.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 130
and this pic is of the second set of wires which are the ones im pretty sure he was runnin his system off of.....................but my question is what kind of adapter do i need for these wires?????????????Any suggestions?????????????

Attachments

• wiring 1.JPG
    wiring 1.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 117
Looks to me like the idiot hardwired the stereo in there rather than using an adaptor.

I'll see if I can find my wiring diagram for the stereo, but its kind of important to know wiather you had the premium sound as a factory option, because that complicates the install.

ideally, if you can find the wiring diagram before I do, whatever head unit you buy will come with a harness and each wire will be labeled. You just need to figgure out which of those wires under your dash goes to which one on your new harness.

Can do this many ways. I ran into the same problem with my 92. Use a volt tester. Start the car. Test all the wires.when you get the volts that means you have found a power wire. theres going to be 2. i think the red is your constant and the yellow your acc power.And the black wire ground. Once you find the 2 power wires turn off the car. Try those wires again there should be one wire thats live. That would be your constant power. The other one is your acc power i think thats whats its called. The new head unit should come with a harness just follow the guide to the color to find out what is ground constant and acc and crimp them together.once you get power to the head unit to get that to turn on just start pluging in the speaker wires to find what is what. and crimp them together.