1994 Mustang HCI swap will not start

• Sponsors (?)

Lets see. Small cam, quarterhorse tuned, with 24's and factory maf. I did not mark the dizzy when it came out. I forgot to plug in my ccrm when I first turned the car on and my fuel pump spun for a while before I realized what was going on. I do not have my o2's hooked up currently seeing as how I pulled my headers. I also dont have the radiator in or the front belt on since the radiator isnt in. Could it be because of the o2's or the alternator? The timing set is a 9 keyway summit unit set at dot to dot. Sorry thats alot of info.

If you have spark, fuel pressure and injector pulsing, I like the idea to double check the timing. If you happened to stab it out of phase (exhaust stroke) and there are no O2's, that could keep it from catching.

If you think you're on the correct stroke, you could try turning the dizzy while someone tries to start the car.

The alternator is not an issue.

Ok I pulled plug 1 and waited for compression then just hand turned it to tdc from there. Set the dizzy at 1. It acts like it wants to turn over but it wont. I even pulled the timing cover to be sure its dot to dot. Im really confused about this. Ive got fuel pressure, and fuel, and I know each wire is sparking. I'm just at a loss.

Drivability problem

You have 24lb injectors with a stock maf? That is gonna create issues in itself because that maf is set up for stock injectors which i think are 19lb. I don't think that would keep it from starting but? Did you hook up the egr valve and plug all open vacuum hoses? My car wouldnt crank because i didn't plug the egr hole on the throttle body adapter , i had it all removed before i pulled the motor and rebuilt it. You may want to check and make sure all your parts are compatible with each other without having to flash your computer. You definitly have an ignition or fuel issue.

Got it started finally the new injectors I purchased didnt work so I had to step back to my 19's. Now all I have to do is get the idle right on quarterhorse and it should be good.

You could have just uploaded a j4j1 file to your pcm :)

Inj values and all would have been setup for you :nice:

You need to get those O2's connected back up and anything else
you did not put back ;)

Grady