1994 supercharged gt "bucks" randomly help!

dakrt123

Jul 3, 2006
Hi, I have a 1994 GT with a powerdyne motorsport blower in it. Its at 6 psi and all i have besides it is full exhaust and gears. About 3 weeks ago the piece little plastic screw/cork on the intake tube going to the supercharger dont know the exact name for that piece anyway it blew out while passing someone in higher rpms. and the car ran like crap . Brought it to my mechanic he doesnt really work on performance stuff but he gave a temp solution to it by epoxying a freeze plug in the tube. He said it obvously needs to be replaced. well, my questions are what would i need to replace that the right way i.e. What is the name of that darn piece and the stang has recently been running really bad the only way to describe is randomly at all rpms gears etc it will off and on buck almost like a hard quick tap to the brakes really annoying and i dont think it can be good for the car,would could be the cause of this? Thanks for all the help in fixing this and advice!

• Sponsors (?)

Not 100% on what the FMS/Powerdyne setup looks like but it sounds like you just lost a plug while it was under boost (popped it out). Gluing a new plug in should be fine. With that plug out it would allow unmetered air in and cause it to run poorly (computer would try to adjust for it). Did you unhook the battery to let the ECU re-learn the correct set-up yet?

Usually random bucking that isn't a plug misfiring is a vacuum leak or a air/fuel ratio problem. Since you're running a S/C, and it's bucking under boost, I would assume it's not a vacuum issue (though it would be worth looking over all the vacuum lines to make sure none of them blew off and the PCV is still stuck in the intake correctly) I would think that the car might be running a little rich right now possibly.