1995 BROKE DOWN AGAIN

Hello from California!!!!

I have two cars, tried to post pics but no luck. damn!!

1966 Mustang (sold it)
1995 Mustang GT
1991 Mustang GT

In January 2008, it was tuneup time so I replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air filter. Car was running great.

Weeks later, I noticed my car was cranking longer than usual in order to start, but it would still start.

Then on 3-3-08, my 95 GT broke down on me. I had it towed to Firestone. They replaced the Fuel Filter and Oil Pressure Switch. I drove it home but a couple of days later, it started doing it again. It was cranking longer than normal, but I could start it. I had someone who knows more about cars than I do check it out. So I took his advice, he put in a brand new Ignition Coil and Fuel Pressure Regulator.

On 3-18-08, the Mustang broke down on me again. Had it towed to a different Firestone and they hooked it up to their diagnostic machine and found NOTHING WRONG with the car. No trouble codes, charging system is good, fuel pressure is getting through. The tech said everything checks out.

Been asking around, and I have been told it could be any of the following:

fuel pump
ignition module
coil pickup (where is this?)
cranking sensor (where is this?)
fuel relay (where is this?)

So, if anyone can help, please let me know if you have any suggestions. By the way, the car has 135,000 miles.

I would hate to sell it, the car has been awsome until now. Then I have to find another Mustang, its such a hassle to try and find a used Mustang in decent shape. I could look for another car but it seems I only like Ford cars. I like the performance of Z28s but I just cant picture myself behind the wheel of a bowtie. I like Crown Vic's but there kind of large.:)

Thanks for any advice.

:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

That sounds like a fuel pump to me. Try turning your key on multiple times before you start it to prime the pump. If it's failing to build enough pressure, that should help. The whine of the pump priming should sound more labored by the second or third priming as you build pressure, so when the sound stays consistent, then try to start it and see if it's still difficult.

It'd be nice to note fuel pressure when it cranks for awhile.

If you get to a point of having a no start situation, check for spark and injector pulsing (takes a total of 1 minute to check both).

It's really going to take some codes or diagnostics to allow us to do anything but guess at possible solutions.

Good luck.

did your car die while driving?i had problems similar to yours a couple years ago.changed the ignition coil,icm,cap,rotor,wires,and fuel filter but still did not solve the problem.finally i changed the distributor and my cars been running great ever since.a reman at autozone was i think $120 w/core.it would be a good idea to run the tests mentioned by hissin50 first so you know exactly what the problem is before you go replacing parts.i got a spark tester from harbor freight for a couple bucks and found no spark, than i bought the dizzy.good luck.

mycar13.jpg