1995 gt having issues please help

After you clean the maf try unpluging the batt. The puter remembers the readings in the old maf and unplugging the batt for bout 5 min will reset everything to new readings. Also the dizzy has been known to go out and cause issues. keep troubleshooting

When you clean the maf, use contact cleaner. Just go to your local auto parts store. My maf sensor filaments of my 93 stang was covered in dirt, and after using the cleaner, it looked brand new again and can read the incoming air a lot better. MAF controls the engine practically, if anything is clogged, you will suffer.

• Sponsors (?)

when i ran the codes it has no codes stored since i changed the fuel pump the check engine light no longer comes on so im thinking the problem is several things
i took the h pipe off the cats were busted in half and rattling around but couldnt hear anything from them when it was running so i threw mac unequal length headers and mac h pipe on it sounds great runs a lil better but there is a whirring coming from the distributor and cant seem no matter how i set the timing it still runs like crap. much better but still has a bogging issue at around the same point at 2600 in second gear to 3000 rpm in 3rd only time it does it and the power isnt anything to brag about been years since i owned a 5liter guess i lost my touch with them hahah. does anyone know were i can find a cheap distributor for this car? its the wire distributor not the one with the module on the side thanks for help! i appreciate it

Before blowing more money on a distributor, remove the cap and try to move the rotor from side-to-side, there shouldn't be much play at all. Also spray some electrical contact cleaner on the PIP inside the distributor bowl. When the PIP starts to go, usually the car will feel like its hitting a wall when you give it gas (from my experience), and the engine light will come on periodically. Doesn't sound like the symptoms you are describing.
As for a bad module, the car would just suddenly die and won't re-start until it cools-off. So, unlikely the case.

I'm betting my money the MAF is either dirty or faulty.

Are we sure the SPOUT connector is in place?

Do you know for sure your balancer didnt spin? Trying to set timing with a slipped outer ring leads to lots of confusion.

More info about how it only affects second and third gears in certain RPM ranges.

Good luck.

my 95 was doing similar probs. the dizzy went out, (pip bearing wore out and was was rubbing on the steel cover) bought a used on from internet auction. Also cleaned my MAF. the front side of them gets covered in muck over the years especially if the cleanable air filter was over oiled after being cleaned. As stated earlier be careful with the MAF wire. I cleaned mine with Q-tip and alcohol. (You may need a tamper proof torx bit to access the MAF) RUNS LIKE A CHAMP NOW finially!!!!!

okay i cleaned the maf and inside the distributor got the timing pretty much to were its no pinging so bad runs really strong now no hesitation but now when it gets any torque to it sound like somthing is clanging together never ends hahaha!