1995 mustang exhaust

Qwk98svt

Mar 8, 2006
ALright I am new to this forum and new to mustangs, But I am about to pick up a 1995 5.0 Mustang, and the first thing I want to do is the full exhaust, I want to use long tube headers and the off-road h pipe that goes with it, but I am not sure what size header tubes to get? what size is best for performance? and I am undecided which cat back to use, I have been looking at the MAC products. How does everybody like those? I am mainly asking what is the best exhaust setup using long tube headers? Thanks

-Jeff-

• Sponsors (?)

Hello Jeff and welcome to the boards. :nice:

Let folks know what you like (loud exhaust period, quiet at idle, loud when you get on it, as quiet as possible, etc). That will help a lot because if 20 people reply, you will get 25 opinions (some folks cant decide. :rlaugh: ).

Good luck.

I can tell you my Mac LT's and cat h-pipe were installed about three years ago with no probs and have given no probs of any kind since.

You most likely will want 1 5/8 unless you are gonna be putting together a real mamma jamma setup.

Welcome to 94-95 :SNSign:

Grady

Thanks alot for the info guys! I really appreciate it. As far as exhaust sound, I like it really loud but smooth sounding. What size exhaust pipes should I use? 3" or smaller? I may put on a supercharger down the road, but nothing is for sure, but I would like to have performance now, but not have to put on a different exhaust for future mods. Thanks alot!

-Jeff-