1997 exhaust help!!!

• Sponsors (?)

No it's not lega to remove them.. ESPECIALLY in California. You really aren't supposed to take them off anywhere, but some states like California have strict emmissions laws. I heard of some people making a quick setup. To where the cats can easily be removed and re-installed. So they can put them back on when it comes time to pass the emissions test. Idk, I wouldn't try it over there. Here in Fl. different story. No emissions test to pass just to renew tags. Gahhh I hated that in Michigan. If theres a CE light, it fails.. if the PPM is too high, even by 1 ppm, it fails.. and you have to come back again after you have fixed the problem. If its not fixed, no tags for you.

The H pipe adapter kit is not a Pypes product and we have not tested it. However, it appears like it was made for the express purpose of allowing 94-97 V6 owners to have a true dual exhaust. It looks like a decent solution.

i also have another question, what is the difference between these 2 other than the looks? because there is a drastic price difference.

96-04 Mustang V6 3.8L 2.5" Stainless Steel Cat Back Exhaust System With Turn Down Tips by Pypes at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

and

96-04 Mustang V6 3.8L 2.5" Stainless Steel Pypes Dual Cat Back Exhaust System at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

i answered this in the other topic you started. LMR has pricing mistakes on both those systems.