1st time at the Track NEED ADVICE

SLVR04GT

Mar 13, 2004
Dallas
I'm headed out to the track for the first time this weekend and any advice is welcome!!??I'm about to go through a couple mods and I want to keep up with my times as I get them put on. Thanks Guys

• Sponsors (?)

After the burnout, then you are gonna pull up to the light where theres a invisible laser at the line where you start, pull up slowly ''after the burnout '' and look at the christmas tree. There will be some small lights on the side, pull up slowly, when it hits green then u are at the right spot to launch. The NHRA dudes that stands in the middle where u guys line up will assist you if you have any problems. Also If you have regular or stock type tires, do a little burnout so that the water can dry off, you will not need to do a smokey burnout ''unless u have drag radials, '' but can try and see how it works out for you''... from my experince, once my street tire gets hot ''DunlopFMsport901's,'' ''old tires,'' and I launch the tires, they are all soft and they spin serverely...Well good luck at the tracks, hope you hit good times.

drive around the water box. (unless u have slicks)
do a quick burn-out, not a john force style one with street tires anyway.
pull up til pre-stage light comes on. (let other lane pre-stage)
pull up a little, til stage light comes on.
remain calm :rolleyes:
focus on the tree, and the third yellow light.
when the 3rd yellow comes on. go like hell.

:nice:

daver01 said:
drive around the water box. (unless u have slicks)
do a quick burn-out, not a john force style one with street tires anyway.
pull up til pre-stage light comes on. (let other lane pre-stage)
pull up a little, til stage light comes on.
remain calm :rolleyes:
focus on the tree, and the third yellow light.
when the 3rd yellow comes on. go like hell.

Sounds like experience talking here - good, solid, straight-forward advice. Definately drive around the water box - I'm sure you'll see others with street tires doing the same. Just do a short, dry burnout to heat em up and clean em off. That's all you'll need. Best of luck!