2.3L to a 3.8L ???? can it be done??

• Sponsors (?)

Sure, you can, but it's not worth the amount of effort. For the work it takes to swap in a 3.8L, you could swap in a V8. Even easier still is to swap in a turbo 2.3L- and if you swap in an intercooled turbo 2.3L you'll either match or be 10 hp shy of the best V6 you could get anyways. Honestly why bother swapping in a 200 hp 3.8 when you could swap in a Turbo 2.3L with the same power MUCH easier and reuse most of your stock parts....or invest the same amount of effort into a V8 swap and have double the HP?

I've a 351 swap and a turbo 2.3 swap. Both are the best choices I've seen so far. However, in June I'm supposed to start on an 89 coupe w/ a supercoupe engine and trans. I think I'm going to have to switch to the older style V6 K-member and the wiring looks like its going to be a mess. I'm getting paid for that one though.

It all makes sense. Thanks! I think I will keep my ear open for a 2.3 L Turbo. I really can't afford to drive a 5 L at 92 cents a litre (ya I'm canadian don't know gallons :p ) .

Besides I'm still having tranny problems, and now wondering if a new tranny filter would help.

As I said before, my car is guttless on the hills and I know its not an engine problem (well pretty sure). Basically for those who care and may be able to help. When I first got the car, It was great on hills with power but it was hard shifting (due to the modulator). I also had a servo leaked and of course a worn out modulator (fluid leaked into the vacuum lines). I have since then replaced the servo seal and the modulator. BUT now my car is guttless on hills :shrug: . It seems I restored pressure in the tranny and no more leaks but sacrificed power???? I am going to put a new tranny filter and if that doesn't help I will have to seek another tranny I guess. I am just trying the cheapest fixes first before spending hundreds in a replacement. If any of you have any ideas and why this happened. I would love to know. :bang: