2.93 upper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGILLHAM03cobra

Jun 8, 2006
I am going with the 2.93 Billetflow upper in conjunction with this What else do i need, a 100mm Idler pulley and a shorter belt. Anything else I am leaving out that I need to get? and where can i get that aftermarket belt . Thanx for the help!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Are you getting the non-slip version? Either way, you really do not need an Idler. For belts, you can get them an just about any auto parts store that carries them. Here are two choices:

Napa Gates Mico-V Belt: Part #K080740

Gatorback Poly-V: Part# 4080740

What other bolt-ons do you have and who is doing your tuning?

RAZRS EDGE said:
LOL...posted at the same time. He should really run a 74" belt. Especially if he does not use an idler. I ran a Richard Racing 2.90pulley w/o an idler for almost 6 months and never had belt slip on a 74" belt.

He is running a Billetflow pulley. Maybe just a chance but I think Doug knows what size belts should run on the pulleys.

RAZRS EDGE said:

ROFL... Even listed on the link you gave....

"Please note that the information for this guide was obtained through 3rd party sources so use at your own risk. There are also size overlaps with certain pulley sizes. This Guide should be used as just that -- a guide."

You just got added to my list of people who not to listen to.

TheDukeOfEarl said:
ROFL... Even listed on the link you gave....

"Please note that the information for this guide was obtained through 3rd party sources so use at your own risk. There are also size overlaps with certain pulley sizes. This Guide should be used as just that -- a guide."

You just got added to my list of people who not to listen to.
Are you ****ing kidding me? What is your problem? I never ONCE questioned Doug's credibility. Hell I know Doug you idiot. This list was accuired by trial and error by many people since these damn cars come out and I'm really suprised you have never seen that list. Your going to tell me that everything on that list is BS? If you do, you sir are someone who people doesn't need to listen to. Please, oh please prove me wrong. I'd really like to see it. I've been around these cars since day one and have had every single mod and combo you could think of short of going Turbo. By no means do I think I know everything, but dont come at me and call me an idiot.

You know what, I do not want to get into it. It's not worth it. I know that the info I posted above is correct(and no, not just b/c of the website I posted but from personal experience. I just thought it would be helpful to him). I do not appreciate you coming off basically calling me a dumbass. There was no reason for it. When you stated this

TheDukeOfEarl said:
He is running a Billetflow pulley. Maybe just a chance but I think Doug knows what size belts should run on the pulleys.
I realized he was running a BF pulley and was not saying that by me running an RR, the BF is inferior. Just saying that the BF nonslip design is based off the RR nonslip.I was just sharing my experience. And was not questioning Doug's credibility in any way and I know a 74.5" will work, I was just stating and also looking to concur with you that a 74" will work and you don't need an Idler.

And this was commented towards SGILLHAM. Again, just trying to post some info for him.
RAZRS EDGE said:

RAZRS EDGE said:
Are you ****ing kidding me? What is your problem? I never ONCE questioned Doug's credibility. Hell I know Doug you idiot. This list was accuired by trial and error by many people since these damn cars come out and I'm really suprised you have never seen that list. Your going to tell me that everything on that list is BS? If you do, you sir are someone who people doesn't need to listen to. Please, oh please try to prove me wrong. I'd really like to see it. I've been around these cars since day one and have had every single mod and combo you could think of short of going Turbo. By no means do I think I know everything, but dont come at me and call me an idiot.

Resorting to profanity is the act of an immature person. You should really seek anger management help.

“dont come at me and call me an idiot.”

Please show me where I called you an idiot? I never once called you an idiot. You are now making false statements.

“Your going to tell me that everything on that list is BS?”

Please show me where I said that the entire list was BS? I did nothing more than copy and paste their exact words. Straight from the site you gave. How is that saying it was BS?

You in fact did question Doug’s info when you said he should run a 74” belt. . The 74.5 lengenth is straight from Doug’s site and if you knew him like you claim. You would know that.

“I've been around these cars since day one and have had every single mod and combo you could think of short of going Turbo.”

I am sorry but this I now call :bs: Every Mod? What are you running for LCA bushings? Did you machine the pockets for the replacement of the rear spindle uniballs or did you have someone else do it for you? What wheel rate are you running on your coilover springs? Did you stay with 2.5 dia or did you go 2.625 dia springs? Did you like the fit that the MM spring seat had or did you just fab new ones? Did you run helper springs or opted for the extra weight and went 10 or 12”? Did you have any issues adapting the 4 or 6 piston calipers to the spindles? How much did you have to machine off them to get the 3.5” pattern to fit?

You are way too easy. Grow up.

When I said he should run a 74" belt, it was for if he was NOT going to be running a 100mm aux idler. Which I clearly stated. Your a jerk, that's all there is to it.

I can not believe all this **** I am cathcing from this site after like only one week here. Amazing. I'm sure this site has alot of nice members but I have come across a couple real winners. Guess I'm going to stick to the other sites where you get and recieve respect.

SGILLHAM.....if you have not already, go over to www.modularfords.com and/or www.svtperformance.com. Alot of cool/knowledgeable people over there that will answer your questions.

Take care, Graycen

RAZRS EDGE said:
When I said he should run a 74" belt, it was for if he was NOT going to be running a 100mm aux idler. Which I clearly stated. Your a jerk, that's all there is to it.

I can not believe all this **** I am cathcing from this site after like only one week here. Amazing. I'm sure this site has alot of nice members but I have come across a couple real winners. Guess I'm going to stick to the other sites where you get and recieve respect.

SGILLHAM.....if you have not already, go over to www.modularfords.com and/or www.svtperformance.com. Alot of cool/knowledgeable people over there that will answer your questions.

Again you resort to personal attacks. If you want respect you have to earn it. You are running from board to board and find the same trouble. maybe it isnt the board?

Good luck to you. Maybe one day you will find peace inside.

This will stop now! :nono:

Sorry SGILLHAM03cobra... as you can see some Terminator owners are more emotional about these cars than others... :(

As far as the subject at hand.... You are both correct.

A 2.93 with the stock idlers can use a 74 inch belt. If you add a 100MM upper idler you might be able to stretch that 74 inch belt to fit, but most people find the 74.5 fits easier.

U.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.