2 valve vs 4 valve

Ok, at 434 rwhp and knowing that 471 exists for the 4V then you see the 4V makes more power. Being the block is the same then the difference must be the heads. So.............. 4V>2V
Thanks for the help in proving my point :nice:

Actually 500 RWHP has been done on the 4V. I am not arguing either way. Just putting it out there that the 2V has achieved 400 RWHP N/A for the non-believers.

I am not one that is big on dyno numbers. A 96 - 98 Cobra makes more RWHP than a PI GT, but that same GT will give that Cobra a good run in the 1/4. There is more to the equation than dyno numbers...

• Sponsors (?)

Actually 500 RWHP has been done on the 4V. I am not arguing either way. Just putting it out there that the 2V has achieved 400 RWHP N/A for the non-believers.

I am not one that is big on dyno numbers. A 96 - 98 Cobra makes more RWHP than a PI GT, but that same GT will give that Cobra a good run in the 1/4. There is more to the equation than dyno numbers...
Oh I agree and I figured SOMEONE was breaking 400 rwhp with a 2V NA. I dont even know what the question of this thread was :rlaugh: but the fact is a 4V head can make more power then a 2V.
I am not taking away from the 2V, the engine is killer but the 4V has more power potential in any trim :shrug:

im speaking from personal knowledge, and i may not be right...

4v's make more power up top, but i do believe that it is because of increased air flow that the extra valves allow.

there are more cam options available for the 2v'ers simply because there are so many more of them on the road than any 4v ford. if im not mistaken though a ported 2v still doesnt flow as much as a stock 4v but that will probably change when the new trickflow heads come out. however, a port job on a 4v head will put the advantage back onto the 4v heads over the trickflows.

oh and above all, a 4v motor looks so much sexier in the engine bay than the 2v.

wbzz29.jpg

2s5xjl0.jpg
Makes me want a 4 valve now.

My 2v 4.6 has been super reliable, and tows well. But the 91 4V SHO V6 would easily pull away from the 4.6 or stock 5.0 from 60mph on up to arrest me speeds. The Yamaha engine sounded like a Ninja bike when opened up. I’d like to think Ford finally got the 4 valve tech right for the new 5.0 and bigger engines. Those are the 4V engines I want next.

My 2v 4.6 has been super reliable, and tows well. But the 91 4V SHO V6 would easily pull away from the 4.6 or stock 5.0 from 60mph on up to arrest me speeds. The Yamaha engine sounded like a Ninja bike when opened up. I’d like to think Ford finally got the 4 valve tech right for the new 5.0 and bigger engines. Those are the 4V engines I want next.
Ford got the 4.6 4V tech right in 1993, the problem was, nobody knew it yet. In 2003 they made it easy for everyone to see.

There's a reason I'm going to do major surgery to the rusty ol' Pinto-stang to fit a 4V in it. The stock Mark VIII guise isn't even it's final form.

Holy :poo: someone did some digging for this one.

Lets all be honest, there is no way a 2V will out-perform a 4V everything being equal.

That being said, my DOHC Blown V8 car (using a factor M112) makes nearly 100 less rwhp than my NA mostly stock single bump sick truck does. lol

Holy :poo: someone did some digging for this one.

Lets all be honest, there is no way a 2V will out-perform a 4V everything being equal.
They wont be equal which is why the 4V will do better.

And holy old resurrection Batman!

It seems like every single new member has to find some obscure thread from years ago to dig up. At least it's interesting most of the time.

That being said, my DOHC Blown V8 car (using a factor M112) makes nearly 100 less rwhp than my NA mostly stock single bump sick truck does. lol
Who cares about a GMC work truck and a... Wait, what Eurotrash are you driving this week? :rlaugh:

(I kid, I miss my GMC, though the 4Runner is even MORE reliable than it was.)