2000 GT - Does my car have stock gears?

If the spedo was not fixed with a tuner than wouldn't the car still think that the RPM and MPH to be the same but you would be going slower?

The RPM is always dead on, but depending on your year, your car's transmission has an electronic or mechanical speedo. If it's mechanical, you could just put in the proper speedo tooth to multiply the revs/speed or get a SpeedCal box to do it. On the electronic ones, it's as simple as tossing it in a tuner and putting in the proper value for revs per mile, the number of tire revolutions per mile. This is also something that needs to be recalibrated if you change your tire height/aspect ratio as that changes the overall size of the tire.

• Sponsors (?)

Well I thought I had stock gears but im confused now, I passed by one of those police speed readouts today and my speedo is almost exactly 5MPH off? I turned around and passed by again to be sure lol, my speedo read 40mph and the police readout was 35mph?

If the spedo was not fixed with a tuner than wouldn't the car still think that the RPM and MPH to be the same but you would be going slower?

well my ecu has been adjusted for the gear change, but my speedo will actually jump 5-10 mph at a time depending on how hard i am on it. likely a messed up speedo. need to get it fixed.

Well I thought I had stock gears but im confused now, I passed by one of those police speed readouts today and my speedo is almost exactly 5MPH off? I turned around and passed by again to be sure lol, my speedo read 40mph and the police readout was 35mph?
I wouldn't trust those speed traps that are suppose to make you slow down. Nevertheless, no car is made the same. Put two identical bone stock mustangs together and one will almost always beat the other especially when you put many factors in place as in mileage, maintenance etc. I would also think that with stock tires and aftermarket gears that you would probably spin a good amount of tire on a take off. I know mine does with stock gears.