2003 gt turbo? Cams?

03GTwhip

Mar 1, 2012
I have an 03 gt with underdrive pulleys, h-pipe w/ magnaflow mufflers, intake, and 4.10 gears and a bama tune. I found a Garrett gt45 turbo kit that I am interested in for an outstanding price and commentary??? And how much gain would I notice if I were to put stage 2 cams in my stang with just the bolt ons listed above?

• Sponsors (?)

It mainly depends on the cams you buy. I'd say around 20 hp on average. Which ones are you looking into? What turbo kit are you looking at? How much for the turbo kit?

It mainly depends on the cams you buy. I'd say around 20 hp on average. Which ones are you looking into? What turbo kit are you looking at? How much for the turbo kit?
Its 800 dollars for this universal turbo kitand includes everything which is built for engines 3.0L and up. That is the only thing i am skeptical about but i dont see what harm it could do at the same time. Stage 1 comp cams by extreme energy were the cams i was interested in. The link to the turbo... http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-GT45-T...stang|Submodel:GT&hash=item230ca27174&vxp=mtr i know it is low standards by looking at ebay but it caught my eye and i was wondering what anybodys thoughts on it was.

Its 800 dollars for this universal turbo kitand includes everything which is built for engines 3.0L and up. That is the only thing i am skeptical about but i dont see what harm it could do at the same time. Stage 1 comp cams by extreme energy were the cams i was interested in. The link to the turbo... http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-GT45-TURBO-TURBOCHARGER-UNIVERSAL-KIT-BOOOST-PSI-/150535827828?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:Mustang|Submodel:GT&hash=item230ca27174&vxp=mtr i know it is low standards by looking at ebay but it caught my eye and i was wondering what anybodys thoughts on it was.
Do NOT buy this kit. By universal they really mean that it was made to fit absolutely nothing. It's basically just a turbo head unit with a bunch of pipes, tubing, and cheap intercoolers/wastegates/BOV, etc thrown in. The tubing and piping will have absolutely no practical application and they won't fit on any engine. The ONLY way this kit would work is if you had your own shop and can fab up your own headers and piping for it. At that point you'd probably still have to spend an additional $2,000 in parts, not to mention the time to fab it all up. Then you'd have to buy an aftermarket K-member for clearance...and some of them might not actually clear.

If you want a turbo system, there is really no way around buying a legit system from one of the 3 or 4 reputable companies. The kit will come with everything needed for your specific car. After the install/tune you'll be around $8,000. This $800 kit will easily turn into $8,000 and a non running car...

Naw man, stay away from those universal kits.

Just go with the cams. Ive found out first hand how a good deal, free V-1 vortech in my case, can turn into the most expensive projects. If you really are itching to drop some cash just save up for some 4v Heads with cams and some LT Headers.