2004 GT nitrous

markz716

Nov 17, 2006
hey everyone. as you can tell I'm new to the forums. Even though I just joined, I've been doing a lot of research and reading alot on your forums. (Which are very informative by the way.) Anyways, I currently own a 2004 GT which is completely stock, with the exception of a k&n drop in. I've decided I want to run nitrous. I would like to get a N.O.S. system, just because they are the company that started it all. My problem is that it seems like Holley doesn't make a vehicle specific dry kit for my 04 GT. The 5116 kit is recommended from 99-02. Is this only becuase the 04 doesn't have the all famous schrader valve? Is there any way I could get around this? Are there any other underlying reasons why this kit wouldnt be compatible? Has anyone here put this kit on their 04 GT? Any comments are greatly appreciated! Thank you very much! :)

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, but everything I've ever read is that the 04 was the year they stopped putting them in. I'm just so confused because I really like the 5116 system, but I dont know if it will work with my car....:shrug:

Since your car will not have the schrader valve, your options are:

Buy a set of 99-01 fuel rails (passenger side only even) with the valve on it.

Buy the NX "fuel block" which drills into your fuel rail and creates the port you will need.

I *highly* recommend NX over NOS. NOS did not "start it all", they just started the 'nawz fanboy' craze from the FnF movies.

Get the NX kit....they measure their HP rating in RWHP unlike N.O.S. which measures in flywheel HP gain.

I have the NX fuel block....works great. But I reccomend having some O rings on hand. My stock ones were a bit brittle and broke. The reason I needed it was because of the fuel pressure gauge :D

Oh and im sure you know this....but PLEASE dont excede a 125 shot. I havnt heard of any problems until you get to 150...and anything over that is a pretty much sure fire back fire haha. Unless you go with a dry kit...but you will probably need new injectors.
And ofcourse, direct port would be the BEST way to go.

Thank you very much guys. I looked up the NX fuel block and I think I'm going to go with that. As of now I planned on keeping things conservative and only running a 75 shot, possibly a 100 later on... :crazy: After a nitrous tune of couse. It seems like everyone is recommending an NX kit. If I was to go wet, would I be alright with just the basic kit and a window switch for now? Or are all the bells and whistles necessary to prevent puddling? And is there any added safety running the plate kit as opposed to their regular ford efi kit? Sorry for asking so much at once, but honestly thank you very much! :)

NX all the way and that's just because of customer service.
The fuel rail block doesn't drill in it takes all of 5 minutes to install. undo 2 bolts then put it in and tighten down.
Can you run without all the bells and whistles. short answer YES.
Will it be as effective no.
Will it be track legal maybe.

Ok Window switch HIGHLY encourge but I ran for an entire season without one. just don't go full throttle below 3k rpm.
Bottle heater HIGHLY encourage.. so you can use a certain bottle pressure to spray at. too cold your'll be rich and won't "hit" right. BTW Pm me if you need a few cheap ideas on it.
Blow down tube - ok in the trunk you "technical" don't have to have one but ever track I've raced at I had to have one.
Pressure guage - once again you need to know pressure so you know how it's going to hit. too high you'll be lean, to low you'll be fat. won't come up your empty. :(
Copper plugs preferable 1 range colder, I ran ngk tr6's for a year 20k miles and had zero issues with them, currently running the autolite 103's and zero problems so far.

If your going to go past a 100 shot a higher flow fuel pump would be on my list, actaully I went with the svt pump just to make sure and I normally run the nx 100 jetting.