2004 mustang e.t's

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang1982 said:
Hey just joined your site. Got a few questions. I've been a chevy guy my whole life now it's time to switch. I have to choices im thinking about. My first choice is the lightning, but i have the gt mustang brewing in my head. I just love the look and the sound, now is it hard or should i say (expensive) to get that car in the high 12's. Thats all i care about for right now. Took one for a ride at the local dealership its fast but not fast enough. I figured this would be the perfect site to help me with this question.

Thanks

Brian

You'll want an 03/04 Cobra if you want 12s. They do 12s stock and 11s with simple mods. The GT can run 12s, but it will cost you some cash, and just might not be worth it for you. I would go with a Supercharged 2003 or 2004 Cobra :nice: They are 390hp stock (supercharged), where the 99-2004 GT is 260hp stock (NA) and the 99 & 2001 Cobra have 320hp stock (NA). You could also wait for the 2007 Shelby GT500 with will be a 5.4L 450hp supercharged animal :drool: If you didn't know, all the other mustangs are 4.6Ls

Mustang92 said:
Feel free to look up the results from my cam install there very little (a few bumps in the curve) losses in low end torque. My car picked up power throughout the power band and I have stock untouched heads. Dave's car picked up .4's but weather had a good part to do with that. Based on his example my car picked up .6's from cams. I was running 12.7's at 1500-1800' DA and went 12.15 at near sea level DA. In reality the car picked up .3's with only the cams being the difference. This is with my peak power moving up from 5200 RPM to approximately 5800 RPM. My new shift points are at 6500 RPM and I'm doing this on the stock bottom end that has 109K miles on it. Forged internals are not necessary to rev this high.

Bill

Wait bill, you changed your shift points? How did you get past the rev-limiter? You have a chip that takes it off or something? And how are you shifting at 6500 RPM? Thats Cobra Shift range, not GT... :scratch: