2005-07 Engine

• Sponsors (?)

I've always just heard it called the mod (or modular) motor with regards to the Ford cars. Lincoln called the 32 valve DOHC version in the Mark VIII the Intech (I think that was the name anyways) and of course it's called the Triton in the F series trucks. I don't think it's ever had a name like Cleveland or Windsor put to it like the 351.

Triton is just a marketing name. The mod motors come from either the Cleveland or Windsor engine plants. I'm not sure where the 3V Mustang motor is made, but I know the 4.6s in F-150s can come from either plant and they are not identical. If I remember correctly, they have different bolt patterns for the vlave covers or something goofy like that.

Ford hasn't even done an acceptable job of advertising their cars or trucks... It's a little too picky to worry about the engines.

(sorry - i couldn't resist and I know you know all about the bold moves flop)

Ford hasn't even done an acceptable job of advertising their cars or trucks... It's a little too picky to worry about the engines.

(sorry - i couldn't resist and I know you know all about the bold moves flop)

The bold moves flop is just another bad ad campagin. I'm distingusing between some more bad Ford ads and the greater issue of Ford's mismanagement of whatever brand equity it has succeeded in building over it's history,

The failure to brand and market engines has been a 60+ year screw up for Ford.