Roush 2005 Roush Mustang Registry

• Sponsors (?)

I'm still here, still maintaining the '05 registry, send your info via pm or post to this thread. Although I sold my '05 roush I am still maintaining the registry. ( I have a '22 shelby now).
I have a 2005 Roush Stage 1. I bought it last month from my friend that bought it brand new for his wife back in 2005. It’s a Sonic Blue convertible and they had the rally stripes removed, replaced the cloth seats with blue on black leather and pit different wheels and tires on it. The VIN is 1ZVFT85H755237560. Not sure what else you need.

Attachments

• IMG_4248.jpeg
    IMG_4248.jpeg
    897.5 KB · Views: 41
Just bought a 2005 Stage 1 convertible today. VIN is 1ZVFT85HX55211017 and Roush serial number is 05-1673. Black with black top. Black/gray leather. Carbon fiber on dash. 18" chrome Roush wheels. No forklift bumper. 32,000 miles. 100% stock. Has silver stripes with no scoop

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Nice ride there optionizerSS, yours is an automatic trans and was born originally a Sport model (I think) . Possibly an original Michigan car? Also I have yet to find a forklift holed convertible (I am pretty sure this was a hardtop only thing)

Reactions: 1 users
I have a 2005 Roush Stage 1. I bought it last month from my friend that bought it brand new for his wife back in 2005. It’s a Sonic Blue convertible and they had the rally stripes removed, replaced the cloth seats with blue on black leather and pit different wheels and tires on it. The VIN is 1ZVFT85H755237560. Not sure what else you need.
Hi, need your Roush number found on your passenger door jamb. Your car is a Sport model. You have the 17" Bullitt wheels. Your rear gas cap says "GT".

Born on date was Aug 26, 2005 one of the last 45 cars to be built

Nice ride there optionizerSS, yours is an automatic trans and was born originally a Sport model (I think) . Possibly an original Michigan car? Also I have yet to find a forklift holed convertible (I am pretty sure this was a hardtop only thing)
So just to update...the dealer had a pic of a Roush paper stating Stage 1 but the Roush ID didn't match what was on the car but it did have my car's VIN listed. So thinking there was some photo-shopping done to that pic to try to pass mine off as a Stage 1. The document I got from Roush shows Sport. The actual one shows an MSRP of about $35,000 while the Stage 1 doctored one shows $49,000. Can't say if the dealer did it or if a previous owner did it but I still think I got a pretty good deal on a very nice car. Paid $23,000 for a 32,000 mile car in excellent condition and I didn't buy it as a collector piece. Mine has all of the Stage 1 items such as the18" wheels, '1' gas cap, Roush dash plaque, etc. so essentially it is a Stage 1. We bought it to drive and enjoy so doesn't matter to me one way or the other. In fact I didn't want a Roush, Shelby or Saleen cause I wanted to drive it alot...lol

So just got off the phone with the previous owner who gave me more info on the cars history. He was the 3rd owner. He bought it from a couple that worked for DuPont. He was told the original owner worked for Roush. The confusion is that my car has a Roush # 05-1673 and Roush confirmed that it was a Sport. The dealer I bought it from had a Roush window sticker that had my VIN but a different Roush ID # and it said Stage 1 and was about $15,000 more than the Sport paper Roush sent me.
Don't care either way cause I didn't buy it to be a collector but just found this out. I'm wondering if the car was bought as a Sport but since they were employees their 'buddies' put all the Stage 1 stuff on it? I know a guy that worked for Chrysler and he said they did that alot

A lot to unpack here. First the dealer supplied information is a mash up of bogus stuff.

For 2005 there was NO stage 3, this due to trying to get EPA certification on the new 3V engine with the supercharger. This did not occur until 2006 model year.
For hardtops:
Typically A Base MSRP runs 34-36k
Typically a Stage 1 MSRP runs 37 - 39k
Typically a Stage 2 MSRP runs 40-42k

Base Mustang GT - $26,235
Sport - $5,876 (body parts, mufflers)
Stage 1 - $8710 (adds roush wheels)
Stage 2 - $10,955 (adds roush wheels and suspension)

options:
Roush leather seats $1,690
white gages $390
chin spoiler $371
quarter window louvers $315
alum pedals $150
carbon fiber dash $350
stripes $442
locking lug nuts $60
transportation either $600 or $700

Note: Base Mustang GT conv MSRP - $31,840

So the dealer I think took the price of a 2006 Stage 3 and applied it to your car regardless the dealer info is junk, Roush says its a Sport, that's what it is. No biggie, no confusion, that's just the facts.

Yea that's a fake bogus document. Look at the prices of the options, they added $100 to everything, the cost of the stage 1 package is also wrong. Someone did a cut and paste and not very good one, a total forgery.
attached is a real Roush invoice with the image of Jack as a watermark, correct logos, fonts and prices. Anything a dealer provides is suspect, go to the source Roush.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 21