2005 wheels?

GTvert01

Nov 24, 2003
West Plains, MO
Does anyone know if ford has released any wheel options for the 05?I liked the concept's wheels, but I don't really like the ones I have seen on more recent pictures.Ford USUALLY does a good job on factory wheels.Maybe they will offer the bullet style wheels again in 05 ?

• Sponsors (?)

Considering the retro look, I think it would be a crime not to offer the Bullitts from the factory. I've always liked them, but they would even look more at home on the new body style.

I'll take mine in chrome. :nice: I'm still undecided on the car color itself.

Eric

I have always been disappointed with Ford's choice of wheels for the GT.

That was until the Bullitt wheels came available in 2002. The 2003 Cobra wheels are nice as well.

The GT rims on the pre-2002 GT's were quite unimaginative (no offense to anyone who has them).

All the '05 wheels look like cr@p.. but if they would just put a wider lip on them they might look OK. The wheel look like they belong on a FWD, what is up with this? Personaly I want to see some Weld's, Bullitt, ans maybe some '99 Cobra wheel on the GT to get an idea what they would look like. Anyone doing photoshop's with different wheels yet?

FinlayZJ said:
C & D says 16" are the only choice for base (215/65-16)) and 17" are standard GT (235/55-17) w/ optional 18" (255/45-18)

Why would ford put a 55 series tire on 17's?They got a deal going with goodyear?Those tires will be up in smoke the first week.I agree with Bone Stock, if they don't have some different wheels come out, I will also order the 16's and replace them.That or swap wheels off my 01 to the 05.

I agree with many of you that the '05 wheels look out of place. To me, they look like they belong on the F-150 or the Explorer. There's simply too much spoke surface on the wheels, and it's very apparent with the chromed version.

My feel is if you're going with the retro-1967 look for the entire car, why not have the Bullitt wheels as an option (as it is very common to see a '67, '68, etc. with the Torq Thrust wheels on 'em).

Shoot, my 2003 had three different wheel options to choose from. 1. Standard 5-spoke 17" Painted Alloy, 2. 17" Premium Alloy (Bullitt's), and 3. 17" 5-spoke Bright (basically polished versions of the '99-'02 Cobra's).

30AnnivStang said:
does anyone know if the bolt pattern/backspacing is going to remain the same? will we be able to keep our current wheels?? i have mach1's taht i spent a pretty penny on that i don't want to get rid of.

Yeah, is is the same BS and lugspacing?

They are making a big mistake putting these wheels on the base model.

12.jpg

These should be the 18" available on the GT. I've been trying to get some retro-Halibrand style just like these. They are loose copies of the magnesium Halibrand racing wheels the old AC Cobras used to use. You can get them in a variety of sizes from Edelbrock. I think they're called the 454's.

i think it's good. while I own a v6 now, my 2005/2006 will be a GT, BUT I think it looks bad for all mustangs win the sixers (which most mustangs are) run around with stupid looking wheels on them. I agree, that a wheel like this should be offered on the GT and as long as they come up with a good looking wheel on the sixer, i would RATHER see these on my GT or Cobra.

I LOVE the 2005 Mustang V6 Wheels with the spinners. The V6 spinner wheels are MUCH NICER LOOKING than the GT wheels. I think that it would be a good idea for the GT to come with these V6 spinner wheels. The V6 and the GT should both be able to come with the spinner V6 wheels. Other than that, I also would like to see the 2005 V6 and GT come with the Bullitt rims. The other 2005 GT stock wheels from the auto show don't look nice on the 2005 Mustang GT. They don't match the car well. And they look ugly on the car.

Ron Jeremy said:
I LOVE the 2005 Mustang V6 Wheels with the spinners. The V6 spinner wheels are MUCH NICER LOOKING than the GT wheels. I think that it would be a good idea for the GT to come with these V6 spinner wheels. The V6 and the GT should both be able to come with the spinner V6 wheels. Other than that, I also would like to see the 2005 V6 and GT come with the Bullitt rims. The other 2005 GT stock wheels from the auto show don't look nice on the 2005 Mustang GT. They don't match the car well. And they look ugly on the car.

I believe there are several companies, including Halibrand itself, (I could be wrong on that bit) who are making larger versions of the halibrand replica wheels, up to 19".

I understand not wanting to buy wheels right out of the gate, since they cost a bit of money, but that might be a recourse. I would think that the spinner center caps from the v6 could be obtained, and either fit a standard center bore, or be slightly modified to fit, for the spinner look, and ford blue oval logos. They would look like they belong there.

It is a good look, but I think base model 16"s would look a tad small in the GT's wheel arches, with the other GT touches to the exterior.

Personally, I wonder what the nice and simple 2003 Cobra rims, the 10th Anniversary Cobra rims (carbon colored split 7 spoke) or even BBS RGR forged rims would look like on the new car, especially dressed up like a road race / retro Trans Am race car. Just my taste, I think.