2008 Bullitt STB

just installed the Bullitt strut tower brace, clears the factory manifold cover by 1/2"
with no hood clearance issues.
001-3.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Cool. That's the one I'd get if I were to get one for the '07. But at this point, I can't afford to purchase things I don't *need*. If the FR500's don't have STB's, I guess it's not needed.

GT500
P3040062.jpg

Bullitt
001-3.jpg

it's weird, the GT500 brace angled more forward toward the front of the car and would contact my cover sometimes when I was getting on it even though it seemed to have the same 1/2" clearance, the bullitt brace sits back farther and I have no problem with it contacting the cover, also since it's angled back farther the hood seems to sit higher in the rear so I have more hood clearance then I did with the GT500 brace. you can see in the picture where the GT500 brace made indentations in the hood insulator, so far I do not have that problem with the Bullitt brace.

I noticed those very same indentations in my hood liner as well. Even after removing the hood liner, and shimming the rear studs. I still noticed slight bulges in between the fender and hood gaps. So I removed the GT500 STB altogether.

But after looking at how well the 2008 Bullitt STB clears your hood, and OEM plenum cover. I'm going to consider looking into one for my 05 GT. :nice:

That web site says something about possible chaffing on the hood blanket if the are was built before January 2007. Something about the blankets being updated after that. Anyone have any experience with this?

Partsbill: Those "indentations" look like you forced the hood shut with the GT500 STB. I only had a SLIGHT indentation on the passenger side but the hood WOULD NOT close. I noticed a 1/4" bulge on the passenger side (gap between fender and hood). I am not sure how you managed to shut the hood and not notice any gaps with that much of an indentation in the liner.

The FRPP brace looks like a cheaper alternative to the BMR. Does anyone have the part # (FRPP or Ford OEM) for that exact brace?

OK. Now I am confused.
Someone earlier said the number for the Bullitt brace was 20201 F and even showed the box. Now I am hearing the part# for the Bullitt brace is 8R3Z 16A200 Which is it?
Which do I want if I have a GT with the plenum cover and do not want to change hood blankets or dent my hood?

part# 20201 F is the FRPP V6 brace which retails for $195.00
part# 8R3Z 16A200 A is the OEM Bullitt brace which is the same as the
FRPP # 20201 F only it retails for $174.55, it clears the OEM manifold cover and
stock hood with no problems, you will indent your hood insulator alittle unless
you change the hood insulator to the Bullitt insulator part# 7R3Z 16738-H
which is the same on GT's built after 1/25/07 or on V6's built after 6/25/07
it retails for $84.03.