2008 Bullitt STB

OK. Now I am confused.
Someone earlier said the number for the Bullitt brace was 20201 F and even showed the box. Now I am hearing the part# for the Bullitt brace is 8R3Z 16A200 Which is it?
Which do I want if I have a GT with the plenum cover and do not want to change hood blankets or dent my hood?

Stan !

After speaking with Marty from FRPP, you cannot order Bullitt part# 8R3Z 16A200- A. Because each Bullitt brace has a matching serial number designed exclusively for that particular model.

However you can order FRPP V6 part# 20201 F, which is exactly the same design as the Bullitt brace, but has the Ford Racing logo without the Bullitt serial number.

Anyway hope you'll find this as useful.

Rocky :)

• Sponsors (?)

you can order Ford part# 8R3Z 16A200 A, ford currently shows 11 in stock at their
National Parts Depot which is in Detriot, how do I know this, I have been a Ford
parts counterman for 25 years, the brace comes without the numbered serial plate when you get it from Ford, it is stamped Ford Racing, you have to provide your vehicle registration or title to your car to prove you really own a Bullitt, then we can contact our Ford Representative who can then order the serial plate which sticks to your FRPP brace with double sided tape, we currently have one in stock in our inventory in a Ford box.

Serv Part#: 8R3Z 16A200 A Part Name: CROSSMEMBER SR: 174.55
Eng Part#: 8R33 16E176 AB Min Ord Qty: 0
Motorcraft #: Max Ord Qty: 0 Unit of Issue: EA
Replacement: NO Weight: 8 Serial Number: 298905
Field Service Action: NO Wins Allowance: 0.00 Pipp Elig: Y
Supply Status
Remarks: NO SALES RESTRICTIONS

New Model Part: YES

you can order Ford part# 8R3Z 16A200 A, ford currently shows 11 in stock at their
National Parts Depot which is in Detriot, how do I know this, I have been a Ford
parts counterman for 25 years, the brace comes without the numbered serial plate when you get it from Ford, it is stamped Ford Racing, you have to provide your vehicle registration or title to your car to prove you really own a Bullitt, then we can contact our Ford Representative who can then order the serial plate which sticks to your FRPP brace with double sided tape, we currently have one in stock in our inventory in a Ford box.

As for your quote concerning Ford part # 8R3Z16A200-A about being required to contact a Ford representative, who then orders the numbered serial plate after the customer proves that either he or she really owns a Bullitt, doesn't make any logical sense for the following reasons.

1. The part in question, is considered a Ford Racing Performance Parts product, and not a genuine Ford part.

2. Why would a Ford Racing Performance Parts Representative, provide me with inaccurate/false information.

3. Explain how every 2008 Bullitt in which I've seen online in dealer showrooms, have numbered serial plates attached upon their strut tower braces.

4. Why would a customer who either purchases a 2008 Bullitt off a dealer showroom, or has factory ordered one, be required to provide proof of ownership/authenticity, before being eligible to receive their numbered serial plate :shrug:

I think what partsbill meant is that when you order the FRPP/OEM Bullitt STB, it does not come with a serialized plate. The serialized plate is only obtained when you provide proof that you own a Bullitt, and the dealer then orders a special serialized plate to replace the one you lost/damaged or wanted to just buy for the heck of it. It doesn't make much sense to me either, but Ford probably wants to keep it "exclusive" for the 3 model years that they plan to sell Bullitts.

If you ask me, it is a bunch of hoopla for nothing. Ford should have just sold a damn STB that works with all GT configurations at a decent price. $150-$200 for a tube welded to some brackets is rather steep.

Charlie,

I understand where your coming from, but what doesn't make any sense. Is why would a customer who has either factory ordered a 2008 Bullitt, or purchases one from a dealer showroom, be required to provide proof of authenticity/registration before being eligible to receive their numbered serial plate :shrug:

As I've mentioned before, if I become desperate enough to need a strut tower brace. I'll just uninstall my OEM plenum cover, and then reinstall my GT500 STB, by simply reversing the bar.

Rocky

rocky, the bullit comes with the STB and the plate installed from the factory. if you need/want to replace it, then you will need proof of ownership to buy the replacement part WITH the serial numbers on it. this is the same for many niche cars. harley davidson also limits what you can buy from them like this. some harley models cant even get a gas tank without giving them your original.

if you just want the part without any serial number plates, then you dont need to do anything other than order the part.

I never once stated that New Bullitt owners of new Bullitts were required to provide proof to a Ford rep to order their number serial plate for their brace, I said that I purchased a OEM Bullitt brace which comes stamped Ford Racing and installed it on my GT, and if you want to order the plate you are required to provide proof (vehicle registration or title) to prove you own a Bullitt before we can order it, I think that was pretty specific. Sorry for any misinterpretations that you may have had.:D

I understood you. But I am still confused about the part number since there is contradictory information being posted.
I am assuming at this point that one can order the Bullitt specific brace and that it comes with Ford Racing instead of the serialized plate. I am also assuming that it should fit better than the part designed for the V6.

Bill ! what really confused me, was not knowing as to which was the right part #. As you listed both Bullitt part # 8R3Z 16A200- A and V6 part# FRPP 20201 F.

So the way I interpreted this, was that for those who are non-Bullitt owners, were not permitted to order Bullitt part # 8R3Z 16A200-A, but were only eligible to order V6 part # FRPP 20201-F, in which the FRPP tech support Rep. I spoke with, did confirm just that.

That being said, I really had nothing else to rely on at the time, and assumed the FRPP tech support Rep. was accurate. :shrug: