2009 Ford Mustang Changes: What Would You Like To See?

SteedaQ400

Jan 15, 2003
Austin,TX
What kinda changes would all ya'll like to see for the 2009 mustang body style?I would like to see:- 6 speed manual standard in all V8s.- A boss 302 AND 429 model offerend in manual tranny only- The return of the 302 using the Ford Racing 5.0 Cammer (this could be the boss 302 package)- A loss of about 500 pounds...* This can be acheived by using light weight suspension parts like vettes do, an all aluminum block, etc.- An available IRS that actually functions properly...- A move away from the off road 4x4 look- A new direction away from the retro look. * Something curvy, yet mean looking. * Something that commands respect when you see it. * Nothing that looks like a space ship like that sketch does yet something in a completely new direction that does not add 2 doors like GM wend and done.* Remove all the damn scoops unless you are going to make them functional and integrated, not stick on ricer bullcrap.- A much nicer fitting interior...I think the 05/06 interior is leaps and bounds above the pre-05....only improve on the fit and finish.- Better fit and finish on the exterior...don't half ass the hoods and leave all kinds of rough crap everywhere and not paint under the hood. The underside of my hood looks like bubba cut a couple holes in the hood and glued some extra parts he had laying around his trailer to make the heat vents...then gave it a quick once by pass with rustoleum...not to mention the masking tape that was just left stuck on there as well.Better pricing would be nice if none of the improvements above are implemented. 22+k for a decent V6 and upwards of 28+k for a decent GT is rediculous in my book. Maybe the new craparo and the charger will help get the prices down.Discuss it.. throw up your ideas.

• Sponsors (?)

CatmanJJ said:
2224.gif

SOLDERS COMMIN!

Power wise, really, how can we complain? Am I the only one that has been reading lately? A couple bolt ons, a supercharger, and slicks and these things bang out low 11's and still can drive around just like they came from the factory.

I would just like to see some sharper edges and a smaller looking car, especially the ass end of it. Mustangs never used to be boats until this hideous thing was released.

How about a whole new re-design. Make it smaller and more cool, enough of this retro bull****, its pitiful people are running out of ideas and have to rely on bringing what the car used to look like 40 some odd yrs ago.

CatmanJJ said:
Make the front facia look more like the concept, new hood and some hips would be sweet, oh yeah a n/a 5.0 or a 5.4 that would be hot.

100% correct! If the front looked more like a 99-04 stang the 05+'s would be so much more bareable...also if the rears weren't so bland looking and had more lines rather than rounded edges.

@3300lbs, 5.0 Big Bore high revving 4V as standard GT Enging....with the Blown version in the Cobra.

They just keep getting bigger and bigger...
When i parked mine next to an 05 it was like being next to a Lincoln Town Car.

Dragstr05 said:
Power wise, really, how can we complain? Am I the only one that has been reading lately? A couple bolt ons, a supercharger, and slicks and these things bang out low 11's and still can drive around just like they came from the factory.

Because it takes the SC to get past the 400HP mark, when Dodge and GM are getting it with a N/A engines. I'd like to see 400HP N/A, minimum, because by the time Ford does that (if they ever do) Dodge and GM will probably be at 450HP for their base engines. And Special Build Mustangs should come with 500+HP SC engines. Nicer interior upgrades that actually go all the way to the back seats would be nice too.