Electrical 2010 Trunk Lid Release Activation Rattle

hpflmnstr

Jan 15, 2014
Hello to all reading. This is my first post to the forum and I'm in need of some guidance, if someone can help. On my 2010 V6 the trunk lock mechanism ratles/buzzes when releasing, for about 3 seconds when the release is activated by pushing the key fob or the interior release button. I've looked at the lock when it opens and can't see anything unusual about either the top release mechanism or the metal bar and guide on the body wall below. After closing the lid and activating the switch right away it doesn't repeat the problem, until some time passes and then it will do it again. Sometimes even though the latch is locked and secure the dash warning light comes on and gives a "Trunk Ajar" message. It does go off when the lid is open and then re-closed.
I know I can take it to our one dealer here for repairs - but they are less than customer service friendly and charge a fortune for any service they provide. I avoid them like the plague and try to do as much as I can for myself.

Has anyone out there had this happen and/or can tell me how to fix it?

Thanks for reading and for any help you can give!

• Sponsors (?)

Hello to all reading. This is my first post to the forum and I'm in need of some guidance, if someone can help. On my 2010 V6 the trunk lock mechanism ratles/buzzes when releasing, for about 3 seconds when the release is activated by pushing the key fob or the interior release button. I've looked at the lock when it opens and can't see anything unusual about either the top release mechanism or the metal bar and guide on the body wall below. After closing the lid and activating the switch right away it doesn't repeat the problem, until some time passes and then it will do it again. Sometimes even though the latch is locked and secure the dash warning light comes on and gives a "Trunk Ajar" message. It does go off when the lid is open and then re-closed.
I know I can take it to our one dealer here for repairs - but they are less than customer service friendly and charge a fortune for any service they provide. I avoid them like the plague and try to do as much as I can for myself.

Has anyone out there had this happen and/or can tell me how to fix it?

Thanks for reading and for any help you can give!
Hello hpflmnstr,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and I think you should still have a Ford Dealer check it out to make sure there’s nothing else going on. Your service manager is in the best position to look into this for you and can check into any warranty, assistance, recalls, or customer satisfaction programs that may apply to your vehicle.

Also, remember most repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. You can schedule an appointment online here.

Deysha