2010 V6 Wheels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm....lets see... i shouldnt spend $1100 for GT wheels. I should spend another $20,000 and get a GT??? that sounds right....

How much was your V6? $12,000? Because I paid $32000 for my GT and if your car was 20k cheaper, well, then thats what you must have paid, and if you keep going with your dual exhaust and rims and CAI and before you know it you'll want a blower to make some real HP/TQ, but oh wait, all that stuff comes OEM on a GT (not the blower, but real power), guess where you're gonna be...sitting on a $30k gutless GT wannabe because you still have a V6 in the middle of it all that has no resale value because you frankenstein'd it. You talk about loving the new handling improvements from tires, imagine what you'd have if you actually bought a Brembo GT or a 2010 w/ track pack instead of trying to look like one. I'm done with this, you can keep pissing into the wind all you want, but it's just american rice.

• Sponsors (?)

Nobody need apolgize for having a V-6 if it is a 2011 or newer. I test-drove both on Saturday morning; while the 5.0 was awesome so is the new V-6 in its own right. Both mighty fine engines...

Maybe the nastiness from the Astro guy is knowing his 2010 GT has less power than the new V-6 - maybe?! :)

He's got a 2010 V6 there bud, and Ford has yet to put a V6 in any Mustang that out-powers a tuned 4.6, so he isn't making more power than me on his best day and with one of my spark plugs left in the toolbox. :stupid:

Dude, it's still a Mustang and it's what he felt was best from him, why are you being such a dick about it? I wouldn't want a V6 again, but having had one when I was 16, I still had fun with the car. It's what got me into the Mustang scene. So cut the guy some slack... D*mn...

Lint don't listen to this Astro guy, the rims look great on your car. And your car isn't rice. Rice is trying to make your car look like something it isn't... you know like putting BOSS 302 stripes on a regular GT that kind of thing.

Astro you have a pretty long list in your signature. Honestly though, why dress up a 2010? Save your money and buy a 2011 or 12.

wow astro, you've got some real issues. You do realize that I only put nicer wheels on my car. That is all. I said MAYBE one day go with dual exhaust. Not everyone is out there trying to prove how big...uh.. I mean fast their car is. I dont give 2 *****s if your car is faster than mine. Congrats. Im not in a competion with ANYONE. My last Mustang I kept stock for 12 years, and with this one i decided to get some new wheels. I have no intention on adding all that other stuff you made up, those are your words. However, if i did add that stuff... why the problem with my car? You should be happy that i chose to buy an american car and that i plan on taking care of it. Sorry if its not "up" to your standards but really... your just an a hole anyway.

Hey Astro,

All your talk is your OPINION. Just because you dont agree with it doesnt mean that every one here has to agree with it. I agree to a certain extent that a mustang should have a V8 in it, but if he enjoys his V6 the who gives a ****? People said the same thing to me when i bought my 10 GT, "why didnt you just get a 5.0" to each there own. Remember when you tried to make that abortion Mach 1 out of your fox body and everybody but you hated it. In your OPINION, you thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread....

He's got a 2010 V6 there bud, and Ford has yet to put a V6 in any Mustang that out-powers a tuned 4.6, so he isn't making more power than me on his best day and with one of my spark plugs left in the toolbox. :stupid:

"If you don't have something nice to say... yeah, blah blah"..

But seriously, you're being a dick.. If Ford ONLY made and sold V8 Mustangs, they wouldn't survive as a car model. For A LOT of people, GT Mustangs (or higher) are weekend toys. Out of all of the Mustangs you see EVERY DAY (not on the weekends), how many are V6s? Most, I bet.

Look.. I'm 25.. with a Shelby. And a '65 in Magazines. Yadda yadda.. If I mimicked your philosophy I'd be pestering you over your decision to buy a GT.. "Why didn't you buy a Shelby?"

Leave the guy alone.. At least it's an American car.. it could have a 4 banger for all I care. You do realize that Mustangs had 4 cylinder engines at one point, right?

:flag::flag::flag:

your post reminds me of this moron that actually said "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!" in a PM on this forum. as if saying crap like that doesn't qualify you for douche bag of the year.

I think the wheels look good..... I hate when people put 70 style Boss stripes on a crappy 4.6 Mustang... I mean who the hell does that.. if you dont have the cash to buy a real boss, why bother

For one, the Boss wasn't even announced when I added those to my car, and for two, they aren't copies of what is on the current Boss car. If I was decking my car out to look just like the new Boss, then yeah, I'd say go ahead and flame me. Since I'm not, you can suck my ass instead. The OP has clearly stated he wants GT rims, dual exhaust (yet another facet of GT style), and a cold air intake. Sounds like he's trying to make a baby GT. My original post was simply to say that it would make more sense from a performance standpoint to save the money he would invest prettying up a V6 and roll that plus the equity in his V6 into a GT. He would then have the look he apparently wants along with legitimate performance to match. Again, if you settled on the V6 because you couldn't afford the GT and the performance it comes with, then why are you now all of a sudden modding it up? We all know mods aren't cheap. And I didn't buy a shelby because I am not a fan one bit of A) blowers and B) lame ass "SHELBY" GT500s that are doing nothing but tainting the legacy of a truly awesome car. Atleast the termi Cobras didn't try to cash in on pop-culture. I guarantee that if Gone in 60 Seconds wasn't a hit, Ford NEVER slaps the Shelby nameplate back on it's up-modded Mustang platform.

And yeah, Payup, I remember, back when I was like this guy, taking a mustang that couldn't and trying to turn it into what I really wanted. I remember how people reacted, and looking back, all I can say is that they were right. To me, this is no different then all the goons around our area slapping cobra emblems on their old GTs or 6 shooters and trying to be all cool.

For one, the Boss wasn't even announced when I added those to my car, and for two, they aren't copies of what is on the current Boss car. If I was decking my car out to look just like the new Boss, then yeah, I'd say go ahead and flame me. Since I'm not, you can suck my ass instead. The OP has clearly stated he wants GT rims, dual exhaust (yet another facet of GT style), and a cold air intake. Sounds like he's trying to make a baby GT. My original post was simply to say that it would make more sense from a performance standpoint to save the money he would invest prettying up a V6 and roll that plus the equity in his V6 into a GT. He would then have the look he apparently wants along with legitimate performance to match. Again, if you settled on the V6 because you couldn't afford the GT and the performance it comes with, then why are you now all of a sudden modding it up? We all know mods aren't cheap. And I didn't buy a shelby because I am not a fan one bit of A) blowers and B) lame ass "SHELBY" GT500s that are doing nothing but tainting the legacy of a truly awesome car. Atleast the termi Cobras didn't try to cash in on pop-culture. I guarantee that if Gone in 60 Seconds wasn't a hit, Ford NEVER slaps the Shelby nameplate back on it's up-modded Mustang platform.

newsflash, genius: V6 mustangs ARE baby GT's. the GT is the big brother.

and duals are the same as putting a cobra emblem on a V6? what kind of crack are you smoking?

as an owner of a 99 V6 that i bought to be a fun dependable daily driver i have whats basically the bullit suspension, 03 cobra wheels, duals, and cobra seats (because they were free)... so am i a ricer because i want my daily driver to be more fun to drive?

of course not. duals are not a GT trademark. cool wheels are not a GT trademark. hell, a GT bumper isn't a GT trademark.

get some summers eve and clean the sand out of your gina buddy.

How have you not been banned yet? And yeah, duals are a GT trademark. Guess your droopy dick V6 exhaust hit a little too close to home, eh?

Bottom line is this: even guys with pencil peckers can buy magnum condoms, but they're just gonna look silly and your little pecker will still be the same, and same thing goes for Mustangs. Pop the hood at a show, and everyone is gonna wonder why the hell a puny little V6 is under the hood of what appears to be a nice performance auto. Try to actually run a guy with the 8, and he won't even have to look under that hood. V6 mustangs are for girls and dudes who really can't afford a GT, probably have no business buying a Mustang in the first place, but they really really want to look like one of the big dogs. Its just plain posing.

like i said before, I'm not "running" anybody. And as i said before, I MIGHT one day get dual exhaust. My priorities in life are NOT my car. I've GOT WAY BETTER sh1t to have fun with then my car. (like a family) At some point... when i have extra cash... hell yea I'll get a GT. I never said a v6 was better. I ONLY WANTED NEW WHEELS YOU JACK ^SS! Life is NOT a pecker competition, there will ALWAYS be someone with a better/faster "thing" than you. So why not take your car knowledge and answer a freakn internet question instead of being an a hole.

by the way... I'd like to add that I really appreciate the "normal" replies to my original question as well as all the replies to the "immature posts by astro". This forum is one of the better ones and its great to read/learn about all the mustangs (v6 and GT) It was actually quite surprsing to see someone rag on a mustang in a MUSTANG forum.

How have you not been banned yet? And yeah, duals are a GT trademark. Guess your droopy dick V6 exhaust hit a little too close to home, eh?

Bottom line is this: even guys with pencil peckers can buy magnum condoms, but they're just gonna look silly and your little pecker will still be the same, and same thing goes for Mustangs. Pop the hood at a show, and everyone is gonna wonder why the hell a puny little V6 is under the hood of what appears to be a nice performance auto. Try to actually run a guy with the 8, and he won't even have to look under that hood. V6 mustangs are for girls and dudes who really can't afford a GT, probably have no business buying a Mustang in the first place, but they really really want to look like one of the big dogs. Its just plain posing.

do you realize that the GT you currently own is practically the exact same price point of a new V6? you know why? because they have basically the same performance with the six being better in a few ways.

so you go ahead and keep stroking your man-gina talking about how people can't afford whatever because you're too stupid to notice that the very car you drive is priced the same (or cheaper) than current V6's.

then there's the fact that without the base car bought for years by secretaries and high school kids that can't spend 300 a month on insurance the GT would have gone the way of the slowmaro long ago.

you're a condescending prick that doesn't understand the car he drives is just as crappy as any new V6 out there. so if you want to rip on something start with the fact that you bought a middle child of mustang history that costs more to own than a V6 and goes about as fast...

...but hey, you got that GT badge to whack off to and thats all that matters right?

Status
Not open for further replies.